Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE85Q80 Samsung TV Tilting/Leaning Issue

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 11:35 AM)
KeithPearson
First Poster
Options

Long story short, I'm in the process of preparing a legal claim against Samsung UK because they've now supplied two 85" TVs that suffer the same design flaw - the sets are not perfectly balanced and, therefore lean/tilt on the stand.

Our current set is now leaning to the left by 18mm, and I suspect it's only a matter of time before one of the small screws holding the set in place gives way. Even though the set is under warranty, I've spent three weeks going around in circles dealing with Samsung's customer services department. They seem to have a strategy of providing misinformation (some might say lying) or simply frustrating you to the point you give up.

Anyway, I'd be interested to know if any other owners of larger Samsung TVs have noticed or reported an issue with their set leaning to the side, even by a modest amount. One of the guys I spoke to at Samsung said, "they're really designed to be wall mounted" in relation to my complaint, but that then begs the question - why provide a stand, and why not state that it must be wall mounted?

Having paid £2700 for a TV, I'm not giving up, even if Samsung continue to ignore me.

Thanks for reading

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
ScottyB20
Student
Options
Hi, I ended up sending it back and getting a full refund. Bought an LGC3 instead 👍🏼
C135027930
First Poster
Options

Id get it off that stand mine toppled over when the screws snapped thru it 

0 Likes
C135027930
First Poster
Options

Mine ended up falling over it was a sign the screws were pushing thru and snapping lost a qn85900c 

0 Likes
C135027930
First Poster
Options

I'm on my second one mounted it to a mantle mount mm815  still has that tilt to it. That stupid one connect doesn't help but ya the screws snapped on my first one after 4months and I bought it thru a authorized Samsung dealer beach camera and they blamed it on putting it together wrong which as u know it's not possible so they won't own the flat I spent 4500 on it

0 Likes
Mk0012
First Poster
Options

Wow.. i just placed and replacement order to see if new piece has all correct. I like this tv so wanted to give a 2nd chance. Hopefully this time it has no issues at all. 

0 Likes
C135027930
First Poster
Options

I would definitely wall mount it. I love this tv only reason I bought a new one beach camera says they are refunding it because I went thru BBB so makes me think on how many issues the stand has. Plus the screws are way to small for the weight of the tv

0 Likes
C135027930
First Poster
Options

If u want a great sound bar the nakamichi shockwave ultra pairs great with it

0 Likes
HeatherChloeDog
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. 

I have paid £4,299 for a brand new 85" 8K NeoQLED Samsung TV from John Lewis, and I paid John Lewis £44.99 to install it for me, which meant attaching it to its stand. 

However, the TV is wonky - the stand and the top of the TV are not parallel, but the TV slopes to the left. 

I called the installers back, thinking they must have attached the stand wrongly, but they have looked at it, and say it is not a problem with the installation but with the manufacturer of the TV.  

It seems that this is a Samsung issue - the stands that come with the TV do not fit the TVs.  

0 Likes