Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE85Q80 Samsung TV Tilting/Leaning Issue

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 11:35 AM)
KeithPearson
First Poster
Options

Long story short, I'm in the process of preparing a legal claim against Samsung UK because they've now supplied two 85" TVs that suffer the same design flaw - the sets are not perfectly balanced and, therefore lean/tilt on the stand.

Our current set is now leaning to the left by 18mm, and I suspect it's only a matter of time before one of the small screws holding the set in place gives way. Even though the set is under warranty, I've spent three weeks going around in circles dealing with Samsung's customer services department. They seem to have a strategy of providing misinformation (some might say lying) or simply frustrating you to the point you give up.

Anyway, I'd be interested to know if any other owners of larger Samsung TVs have noticed or reported an issue with their set leaning to the side, even by a modest amount. One of the guys I spoke to at Samsung said, "they're really designed to be wall mounted" in relation to my complaint, but that then begs the question - why provide a stand, and why not state that it must be wall mounted?

Having paid £2700 for a TV, I'm not giving up, even if Samsung continue to ignore me.

Thanks for reading

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Clen
First Poster
Options

Yes Keith - my Samsung (Flagship) Q90T 55" TV has a tilt. I've been trying to get a resolution for months and months but they aren't interested.

It must be my TV cabinet - it's not! They sent out a replacement stand - it's not that either. They have asked my to get a professional installer into my home to set the TV up!! It is not possible to incorrectly fit the stand. 

Clearly a tilting TV is not new for Samsung and they have a quality issue which they are refusing to acknowledge. Quality and Samsung seem to be an issue (if you remember back to the flip phones).

I was told my tilting TV was a cosmetic issue, not a manufacturing one - madness! 

Good luck - you'll need it (all to get a level TV!)

0 Likes
Oliseles
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, I might be late to the discussion but my brand new 85QN90B (Canada) also tilts (on the left side). Any suggestions?

0 Likes
ScottyB20
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Interested to know how you guys got on. Ive just purchased a 55QN90B (UK) which leans to the left by 1/2 inch (12mm).

Going to look take the stand off and reattach later to see if that makes a difference, but highly unlikely as cannot incorrectly fit it.

Luckily i can return to the store i bought it from within 30 days if that doesnt work.

0 Likes
C135027930
First Poster
Options

I have a 2022 qn85 the screws snapped and the TV fell over and broke now I have no idea what to do u 

0 Likes
joaquinho
First Poster
Options

Did the screen break or the frame? Can you hang it on the wall at this point? 

0 Likes
Bad_Columbo
First Poster
Options

I’m getting the exact same issue (leaning left by approx. 18 mm) on my new 75” Q80B and I’m losing sleep over it. I’ve read stories where this may lead to a screw snapping. Those screws are so tiny, there’s no way they should be trusted to hold this behemoth.

also it’s just aesthetically annoying!

I will be reaching out to the store that sold it for resolutions and hopefully get in contact with Samsung about this.

in the meantime I was able to compensate the tilt with a book and a Xbox game case that seems to almost get it straightened out. But I know it’s there and I’m worried it can fall and hurt a kid or a pet while I’m away. Not to mention it wasn’t cheap! 

0 Likes
Bad_Columbo
First Poster
Options

Solved: I replaced the tv. When I installed the stand, contrary to the instructions, before applying the weighted base to the mount attachment, I screwed the attachment to the tv first, making sure all 4 sides were flush to the tv, then applied the weighted base.

the screen is perfectly level this time! 

0 Likes
Mk0012
First Poster
Options

Did you get any solution ? I just bought qn85c 75" and have same issue exact 17mm tilted on left side while being on its stand. (Installed stand as per instruction)

0 Likes
Mk0012
First Poster
Options

Same here. Got in jan 2024 and on stand. Its tilted on left by half inch. 

0 Likes