Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qe55q7fam tv network cable disconnected.

(Topic created on: 15-08-2020 11:11 AM)
Jel79
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I have the qe55q7fam tv, I constantly get tabs across the top saying "network cable disconnected " followed by "network cable connected". The 2 message go on hard rotation several times.

Often this happens when I don't even have the cable connected at all and I am using Wi-Fi to connect!

Anybody having the same issue?

91 REPLIES 91
Zk77
Apprentice
Options

What?!

i just spoke to Samsung and they carried out a service reset?!

they said I should monitor them call back..I won't be happy if this doesn't solve it as this has already taken up loads of my time!

the Samsung is connected to internet via cable via extender in plug socket..no issues for just over a year and now it starts playing up?!

i originally had it connected wirelessly but the signal kept cutting out which I why I switched to cable.

has anyone solved this problem or do I have to contact John Lewis to take it back!

BocaProwler
Explorer
Options

They keeps saying something about a firmware update but I am beginning to doubt it will ever come. I've had the one connect box and cable replaced and it didn't help at all. I can go a week without it happening, and they it will happen 3-4 days in a row. If you can set up the TV with WiFi it should help eliminate the message. I prefer being hard wired into the TV since my router is so close to it.

Zk77
Apprentice
Options
Thank you Boca.

My tv says It’s updated to 1294 and it won’t let me update anymore.

I need to find my paperwork and check warranty etc
0 Likes
hihihihi
Student
Options

Same problem here Q90R with the one connect box.

Tested with 2 different physical locations, 2 different routers, 3 different quality ethernet calbles. As others have mentioned, may not happen every day but then starts again randomly.

IMO looks like a software issue. Still have 1 year warranty, will wait for the next firmware upgrade and then take next steps with the warranty. Glad to hear I am not the only one with this issue. Very frustrating.

Zk77
Apprentice
Options

SOLVED?

Guys, i have tried every single bloody recommendation above and nothing seemed work including ringing Samsung for a reset.

i think I've solved it.

i noticed when cleaning behind the tv cupboard that the Ethernet cable was bent..when I wiggled it the "network unplugged" appeared on Tv!!

ive not changed the cable yet but I've repositioned existing cabl and zero issues!

0 Likes
Gedaswell
First Poster
Options

My 55 inch had no probems attached via Wi-Fi to Plusnet router in Devon. Now in W Sussex and same router via Wi-Fi I get the ethernet message at the top of the screen. This cannot be an ethernet cable or cable connection problem as I am Wi-Fi.

Any ideas what to try next ?... As the TV is still under warranty I will chase down the supplier first I think.

0 Likes
isles271
Journeyman
Options

Same exact issue here.  Q90R owner.  Comes on randomly about once a night.  Discussed with Samsung service in chat.  They won’t even admit it’s a known problem even when I linked this forum in the chat.  Samsung service is absolutely awful.  Nothing but issues ever since I bought this tv.   Network message, lip sync, and let’s not get started on the promised earc update.  Last Samsung product for me.  

D34NOR
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my q85r

0 Likes
Maries
First Poster
Options

Have the exact same issue on my 65 q90r. This in combination with the fake hdmi 2.1 and terrible inverse ghosting in game mode is horrible. Selling the tv. Can't wait to get the lg nanocel 

0 Likes
Spike220160
Student
Options

How is it now, a couple months later?

0 Likes