Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE43Q65B Freesat problems

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 11:28 PM)
B19 RVG
First Poster
Options

Hi.

I just bought a QE43Q65B Qled tv. It is supposed to have Freesat inbuilt. When I set it up, I have to put my postcode in, do an auto scan and it finds around 400 channels, but there are a lot of regional variations of BBC and duplicates of Channel 4 and ITV etc. Once it is done the channels are not in order, for example: channels 1,2,3 and 4 are Channel 4. Should there be a Freesat option when tuning, rather than just the satellite option? Nothing actually suggests Freesat is in use, these are basically just the free channels I'm receiving. Or does anyone know of a channel list I can import of the Feeesat channels in proper order?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AsadM
Options

Hi @B19 RVG, thanks for reaching out, and hope you're having a great day. The Freesat option is available on supported TV models when you go through the tuning process in the settings. Please check if you selected the correct settings when you went through the Broadcasting settings, and then monitor this. 

0 Likes
B19 RVG
First Poster
Options

I think I have figured out the problem and it will be a costly one! I live in France and asked on an Expat forum if I can buy a tv in France and be able to pick up Freesat, as my older Samsung I brought from the UK is set up and works through our satellite. The response was yes it will be fine, as it is just a tuner and it is the satellite dish that points to the satellite in the sky.

Well I took the plunge and treated myself, but perhaps they were wrong? I had to unlock regions to be able to choose the UK and put in a UK postcode, but satellite is the only option to choose from, Freesat doesn't come up. Is there anything else I can do?

0 Likes