Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

QE32Q50AE Bluetooth will not re-connect automatically on power off/on

(Topic created on: 26-11-2023 09:00 PM)
Wibbly
First Poster
Options

I can connect and listen with hearing aides over Bluetooth with dual audio outputs configured. The TV speakers and hearing aides work together and I can set their volume independently as intended... But after turning off the TV and turning it on again the hearing aides will NOT reconnect unless I go into the TV menus and manually reconnect them (they are remain paired).

So basically it all works as intended, but the TV will not restore the connection to the Bluetooth hearing aides when it is switched off, and then on again. I have to manually get it to reconnect. 

It wouldn't be so bad if the Connect option was not quite so deep in the menus! This is dreadful for the elderly person wearing the hearing aides, who gets lost in the menus. As a work-around is there any way to create a 'short cut' to that specific menu item to reconnect the hearing aides? Any other workarounds or something I'm missing please?

(P.S. I had to miss-spell hearing AIDES, to avoid the word being filtered out by the board software ;-))

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Wibbly
First Poster
Options

One option might be to use a 3rd party Bluetooth transmitter connected to the TV's optical output to transmit to the hearing aides. But I'm reading maybe that may not work - can the TV send audio out of the optical port and its own speakers at the same time?

0 Likes
Wibbly
First Poster
Options

It cannot.

But at least I discovered a shortcut to the accessibility menu - press and hold the +- volume button on the remote. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

0 Likes