Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 09:31 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

Here is a good article about a Freesync’s merit, or lack thereof. The key take away is yes it works, but primarily if v-sync is built in to the game code, and the over and above that - it really only shines when running at 1440p - which increases the range of correction - as 4K only gets frame rate cooperation through Freesyn @48fps to 59fps.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-freesync-support-tested-on-xbox-one-x 

On the reboot issue - it is NOT the one connect box. It is not the remote. 

I have a NU8000, and so all my stuff is direct to TV - and it still happens. The issue is due to ‘handshake’ incompatibility between software and TV. It is not just the Xbox, as PC players have reported the same issue. The last FW update changed something that Samsung has likely not figured out yet - or is working on to repair. They are aware of it - and apparently will address in a future FW update or patch. All to say, you can disable it if it bothers you and the adverse impact will be minimal to your gaming experience. Or, leave it on and deal with the annoyance. Mine has not done it now in 2 weeks, and I have some long gaming sessions on the XB1X...so for me it’s tolerale and sporadic at best. 

All said - it’s a let down, and Samsung needs to fix it. Alienating buyers who looked to these models in light of Freesync should not be left in the cold. No better way to deter brand loyalty than to give people to middle finger on broken features that were used as a platform to encourage sales from the get-go.

Lets see what they do - hopefully it’s remedied in kind and they put this nonsense to bed and make things right.

RockStar360
Journeyman
Options
Im totally agree whit. Buckwilder. I deactivated the freesync a month ago and no problem, the impact on my Xbox gaming is minimal. I hopethis will have a fix in the future, but i dont wanna buy another tv because this problem, wtf
0 Likes
Jmob
First Poster
Options
@rockstar360 as I explained in my first post i don't play on xbox. My issue seemed to be completely different than a lot of you guys. Changed the batteries on the remote and reconnected, haven't had any reboots all weekend. In my case Samsung support helped me, but with the freesync issues you guys all are having it's crazy it's taking them so long to fix this with a firmware update.
0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

I have an nu8000 65 inch which 2 things seem to have gotten worse now it will not auto detect the xbox one x like it had since February 2019. And was used as well with a denon amplifier which also stopped being detected. Each have hdmi run separately to the TV

The amp developed a fault so is off for repair. I connected my old Yamaha amp which the TV did detect correctly but still will not detect x box any more have tried factory reset etc to no avail. 

Also when playing the x box the tv will randomly reset itself did this 5 times yesterday. I used the request support in the tv for a call back and still waiting. This must be a firmware issue as it did not do this before the august update to 1270

Come on samsung sort this out please many many are saying the same thing. Tempted to send the tv back and go with another make

0 Likes
JulienD
Apprentice
Options

update : I spent 40 minutes with the suport, they have taken control of my TV.

They rewrote HDMI port and did a hard set of the TV. (I'm with firmware 1270) (last one known)

I was playing for roughly 30minutes with my xbox one x in mode (Game activated) and then got a reboot of the TV.

Image came black for few second and displayed the logo and then image got back.

It's really annoying and Samsung proposed me to send a guy who will pick up the TV and send it for repair. (I'm pretty sure this will not change anything as it was working few months before.) No need to say that it will take few weeks to have it back with same problem I'm sure.

I also stronlgy suspect that since the last firmware there is a bug and Samsung doesn't do anything to solve our issue.

I'm sorry but Samsung support was useless, and depsite 17 pages of people complaining about the same issue they don't do anything.

When you buy a highest model of TV and spent 6000$ on it, I'm sorry but having it rebooting randomly is not acceptable. Of course, this could happen for few weeks but they should have fix it with a new firmware or a patch...

So disappointed..

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Off topic, but does anyone know which Samsung Smart TVs will have Netflix compatibility removed on 12/1?

the link on the Samsung website doesn't work. 

apparently they're removing Netflix support for some Smart TVs on 12/1 due to "technical limitations" (limitations that apparently don't effect other MFG's smart TVs, other devices like Roku, game consoles, etc). 

pretty sure our 2018/19 models won't be affected, but without a list no idea. 2 years from now our 18/19 models will have these same limitations however, I have no doubt about that... constantly pushing customers to buy something new.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

@Masq wrote:

Off topic, but does anyone know which Samsung Smart TVs will have Netflix compatibility removed on 12/1?

the link on the Samsung website doesn't work. 

apparently they're removing Netflix support for some Smart TVs on 12/1 due to "technical limitations" (limitations that apparently don't effect other MFG's smart TVs, other devices like Roku, game consoles, etc). 

pretty sure our 2018/19 models won't be affected, but without a list no idea. 2 years from now our 18/19 models will have these same limitations however, I have no doubt about that... constantly pushing customers to buy something new.

I would say its going to be the older models so probably any tv before 2017

0 Likes
Jafo1701
Journeyman
Options

I had two random Reboots on my Xbox 1X with Apex Legends last night, very frustrating in the middle of a match.  Actually my first reboot in months, although most my gaming is on PC.  I only do the Xbox 1X because the people I game with are on the Xbox platform.   The LG C9 can be purchased for as low as $1700 on Newegg now.  I'm about ready to pull the trigger on it.  Samsung has had forever and a day to fix the issue.  Not only that, but LG offers Gsync support through HDMI now.  I do most my gaming on my PC, which is connected to my Q9FN.  It's set to 1440p 120hz.  So not only does Samsung need to fix the freesync issue, but they need to add Gsync compatibility.  I highly doubt that will happen since they can't even fix their freesync problem.  I will keep this TV and move it to the bedroom, but it will be the last Samsung TV I ever purchase.  

Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Yeah my guess is its the freesync as the tv is showing that when you check the signal info 

Such a shame because the tv is really great for movie watching and has the low latency for gaming. I couldn't afford the new q9 65inch unfortunately but from your post it still teaets with xbox  but with the added bonus of direct lit panel. Really cannot understand why samsung have not fixed this in a firmware update 

0 Likes
Rafael_39Br
Journeyman
Options

I am Brazilian, I have the Q6FN and I want to buy the video card RX 5700 XT, to enjoy the freesync, but reading this problem, I was disappointed. Worst of all is that we are unanswered by Samsung, can this problem be solved by firmware?

0 Likes