Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q95 backlight bleed

(Topic created on: 08-02-2022 06:36 AM)
Angelkr
First Poster
Options

Just wanted to share with the community...

My old q80r got replaced by local chain store and official partner of Samsung. They gave me the q95td with the one connect box.

My TV arrived on January 28th, Friday. On Saturday I see that the panel suffers backlight bleed on 3 corners and bottom middle. I contact Samsung directly, and long story short, after their tech takes the TV away and runs his tests, they tell me that the TV is performing within it's specs.

I said I find this unacceptable for a company of their magnitude and for a model that was considered top of its line on 2020. But the lady who called me kept saying the same thing.

I asked for the pictures that their professional took but I was denied. So here are mine.

Really disappointed in Samsung... One of the reasons they got my money is because I had faith in their customer service.

20220130_025549.jpg

20220130_025455.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
JS77
First Poster
Options

I took delivery of my Q95 a couple weeks ago and it's also exactly like your pictures. It's really distracting when watching movies in a dark room (and let's face it, anyone buying a big screen TV wants it for that home-cinema experience...)

It's not noticeable when watching TV series or IMAX movies which use the entire screen space for the vast majority of movies in 16:9 ratio (ie Black bars top and bottom), the bottom of the screen looks absolutely awful. 

Speaking of awful, Samsung Customer Service is near non-existent. 

0 Likes
ZBOgaming
Voyager
Options

Send it back if you can´t live with that. Because every Q95TD will have this. The QN90A (i own this tv) can dimm it down much better and has less clouding on the bottom. Only left and right a bit more but the higher numbers of dimming zones make it black. So it will look much better thanks to mini leds.

0 Likes
ReaderPro
First Poster
Options

Hello! Thnx! How did you find out its IPS? I cant read it anywhere.

0 Likes