Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T:Xbox One X:Game Mode: Faint vertically scrolling lines?

(Topic created on: 13-12-2020 03:10 AM)
AZGreg
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

On the new firmware I’m finally able to get a good picture on game mode BUT there seem to be faint vertical scrolling lines. Almost looks like when you’d record an old CRT but obviously not that exaggerated. Can be seen on dark grayish scenes especially.

Oddly enough, this goes away if I turn on game motion plus which I don’t want to have to do. It also doesn’t happen in any of the non-game modes.

Any ideas?

62 REPLIES 62
jdp117
Navigator
Options

Were you able to send back the Q90T with relative ease? I noticed that you posted on reddit about a month ago talking about Game Mode on the Q90T, if you've had the TV that long, was it a lot of trouble getting it sent back? Did you go to the retailer or to Samsung directly? I've had my Q90T since September but have only come across these issues since receiving my Series X last week. I'd love to return this TV but not sure if i can do it to be honest because I've had the TV for a couple of months now... 

0 Likes
scientist1981
Journeyman
Options

@daparky . Good to hear, enjoy your new TV! if anything positive can be said about the Samsung experience...it's that it really helps you appreciate having a good panel once you've found it! 

0 Likes
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

The retailer (Currys) have been outstanding and very helpful during all this and totally understood my concerns. They wanted to send me another Q90T but I asked to change the product completely.

I got a £500 refund too as the XH95 is a lot cheaper.

What issues are you having?

0 Likes
jdp117
Navigator
Options

@daparky wrote:

The retailer (Currys) have been outstanding and very helpful during all this and totally understood my concerns. They wanted to send me another Q90T but I asked to change the product completely.

I got a £500 refund too as the XH95 is a lot cheaper.

What issues are you having?

I'm having the same technical issues with the TV and VRR as everyone else on this thread. My only concern at the moment is how easily I can get this TV returned to Box.co.uk, where I purchased it from about two months ago. I've contacted Samsung who have said I should contact the retailer which I did, but they want to start the full repairs / engineer process before they issue any sort of exchange or refund, but as we know, this scrolling lines issue cannot be repaired at the moment. I sent Box an email earlier today and they gave me a direct line to Samsung's technical team (not customer service) so I guess their staff don't deal with Samsung related issues directly, and will await Samsung's verdict on whether or not the TV should be repaired or sent back for an exchange / refund. The whole process is very drawn out.

I'm surprised you have had so much luck with Currys. The Q90T is my 5th (yes, fifth!) TV this year after having two Q80Rs, a Q85R and an LG C9 from Currys, all of which needed to be returned for various reasons in the first half of the year. I've been through this returns process so many times this year and it is never straight forward.

Were you instructed by Currys to contact Samsung at all? What was the returns process like for you, how long did it take?

0 Likes
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

My experience with Currys has been fantastic. At first they tried to phone Samsung whilst I was on the line but couldn't get through after numerous attempts so they forced the return through. I think the rep had enough.

So from there on it was fairly easy to exchange. Currys would come with a new TV and simple took the faulty one away.

I had 5 TVs since 24th October.

If you could return Q90T would you chance another or would you swap brands?

0 Likes
iliannds
Apprentice
Options

I have the TV a week now with 1403 update (eu region), and i have the same problem. Did you noticed it and when you bought it with older firmware?

I don't know if it's firmware or panel issue..

0 Likes
AZGreg
Explorer
Options

Looks like new firmware out today in the US. Can't test it out til later. Has anyone checked if it resolved the scanlines?

0 Likes
CaptainKao
Apprentice
Options

Just bought 55Q80T european over a week ago. I'm on firmware 1403.

I'm having the same issue in Game Mode. Horizontal lines (like looking through a window with blinds) at 60hz on Xbox series X, xbox one x, playstation 4 pro and Pc with a Gtx 1080. With game motion plus on, the lines go away, but input lag increases. Defeats the purpose for me. 4k 120hz on series X the lines are not there, unless you turn on VRR then larger thicker lines appear.

This is not acceptable. I bought this tv specifically for the low input lag, VRR and the fact it's an LED. These features are not useable with these issues. 

Problems that must be fixed.

0 Likes
Toejo78
Navigator
Options

https://youtu.be/rb_8JIQYkIc

I sent this video to Samsung Tech support they keep telling me my email doesn't have any video attached when it clearly does.  Then send me a customer service email asking me to complete a survey to see if they have fixed my problem.  They will never admit this fault as its so bad it would lead to a class action lawsuit. Every t series TV has this problem in order to get to their advertised low input lag figure. Don't get me wrong as a TV for movies and video content it's fantastic. For games it's a lame donkey.

Toejo78
Navigator
Options

Just a quick update to this. If you turn HDR off you will find that the moving lines go away. You get very slight banding instead which is far more faint and tolerable.

0 Likes