Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T HDMI 2.1 screen flickering on RTX 3000 series GPUs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 01:31 PM)
Denni5M
Explorer
Options

I have massive issue in which I can't use port 4 on my tv with HDMI 2.1 the screen flickers really badly and then eventually will sometimes lose sync and just not detect the device in the port. This is not a one off as there are plenty of videos of it happening to others. I suspect they can fix it with a update, but I bought this tv specifically to use 4k 120hz VRR with HDR and the fact that the tv doesn't Support it is now useless to me. 

Did they even test HDMI 2.1 properly X Box series x is having issues as well? How can they advertise it as being 120hz 4k and HDMI 2.1 if they didn't even test it properly, no wonder NVIDIA won't give them gsync certification but did give it to LG, these TV's are cheap trash. 

This is a video of the issue I made here: 

https://youtu.be/yRSvigGwadU

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Roach1
First Poster
Options

I had this issue a few months back, I ended up returning the TV and buying an LG CX to use with my 3080 PC. They advised me at the time that there was compatibility issues and there was no planned fixes in place. If like me you bought the TV specifically for 4k at 120hz, then I suggest you return the TV as being mis-sold. 

0 Likes
Denni5M
Explorer
Options

yeah this is what i ended up doing as Samsung support seem to be just stalling people at the moment in the hope they can fix it with Firmware i think. The issue is occurring on every single Samsung TV that supports hdmi 2.1 and 4k 120Hz or 8K 60hz as well, so i highly doubt its a firmware issue and more a hardware level issue. There is flickering issues as well even at 1440p when using VRR, and just terrible picture quality also when using VRR. highly doubt they will fix all of these issues.

I ended up getting a 43Inch Asus ROG Monitor instead because at least its proper Gsync certified - learnt my lesson to never get a screen without it again.

0 Likes