Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T Compatibility issue with Yamaha RX-V6A

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 10:37 AM)
Hasan10
First Poster
Options

I have a Q80T currently running the newest firmware (version 1461) via TV firmware update. (not USB)

Yamaha RX-V6A currently running the newest firmware (version 1.26) via AV receiver update. (not USB)

Current HDMI Connections:

(a) My Yamaha's HDMI output is connected to the TV's HDMI input 3 (eARC).

(b) My PS4's HDMI output is connected to the Yamaha's HDMI input 2 (input 2.1)

The sound works normally when I am using the TV and its built in apps such as Netflix, OSN, Youtube...etc.

However, when I turn on the PS4 and try to switch the source video output to display PS4 screen, it often (about 80% of the time) ends up in a display glitch loop where the following occurs:

- black screen with output single showing and disappearing or it "disconnects" every few seconds (consistently) or so [HD 1080 x 1920 showing and disappearing in fixed intervals, and screen is always black].

- PS4 sound gets outputted and disappears within the same fixed intervals.

the PS4 screen and sound works normally only after switching the source a few times either from TV directly or from the Yamaha AV receiver. (e.g. I switch to HDMI source port 5 on Yamaha and back to port 1 or if I switch within the TV video source output from Yamaha to TV and then back to Yamaha again)

The biggest head scratcher is that when I connect it to my Older SAMSUNG TV, all of the problems go away, I spent 30 minutes or so trying to replicate the problem, but could not do it.

I have contacted SAMSUNG, but their excuse is that if the PS4 works fine when it is directly connected to the TV, then it's a compatibility issue with the Receiver and not because of the TV.

I of course understand that compatibility issues do arise with modern technology, but how is it possible that I can't find a single person online facing this same issue regarding two very well known products and brands?

Please help and advise because I am getting very frustrated and not quite sure how to resolve this problem.

Should I just return my TV?

Thank you

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0