Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURPLE SPOTS on Samsung 4k LED UHD TV SCREENS

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 10:58 AM)
JaymieS
Explorer
Options

Hello People of Samsung  I have a 40" 4K UHD LED 6 Series MODEL CODE: UN40KU6300  which had for about 2 Years and I notice these light Purple Patch Spot on my Screen. I did all the test and still shows these Purple haze discoloration spots on my screen  one is in the right corner and the other one is in the Middle of the screen. " I would like to know what causes the Problem and if there is a simple FIX to remove these annoying big purple spots?  If anybody know or have Youtube Video that can show me how to fix this problem Please post. To be honest I love this Samsung 4K TV and was about to buy a couple more for my business and House but, I have to reconsider because Samsung has not address this issue. After doing my research I notice a lot of People been having this same Problem with Purple Blueish spots showing up on their Samsung 4K LED TV SCREENS. Once again if anyone knows how to FIX and get rid of the Purple Clouds off the Screen Please reply.    

86 REPLIES 86
Wangel
Journeyman
Options
Mine is a curved
0 Likes
Wangel
Journeyman
Options
Yes it is!!
0 Likes
ddrf11a
Apprentice
Options

Mine is flat

0 Likes
ddrf11a
Apprentice
Options

I have head that it is a thermal issue with the TV. My purple spot is in the same place as the HDMI connectors come in on the back. My screen is 65" and flat.

Wangel
Journeyman
Options
They’re all susceptible
0 Likes
Andy82
Student
Options

This is NOT in any way specific to Samsung, my 22 month old LG 4k smart tv has developed 3 purple patches, each the size of my hand.

Searching Google, it seems this is a common problem with LCD screens of any make & it's caused by the white led backlighting turning purple/blue, which seems to occur at about the two year mark. Only way to fix it is to replace all the backlighting!

I was planning on buying an additional TV, but a more expensive "higher quality" one..... probably not worth it if they only last forfor two years.

This apparent problem with this technology needs looking at by consumer organisations / trading standards. 

smsngblows
First Poster
Options
Similar issue. 40-something inch Samsung 4k uhd 6 series bought around this time 2016. Roughly a year after purchase, I noticed a very dark green/purple spot in the top left of the screen. Now it's a discolored streak spanning the top left corner to roughly top mid. Used to be able to ignore it unless whatever was on-screen displayed a bright white background. I suppose I've learned to ignore it, but the same discoloration is forming toward the bottom of the panel now and I've decided it's about time to take out the trash and smash this pos in the street.

Being my first 4k display, I decided not to "cheap out" and went with Samsung over a budget alternative. Won't be making that mistake again. I'll likely go with an LG since they're the ones who most other brands buy their panels from anyhow; might as well get one from the source. Haven't done any research into the quality of newer models, but another option is TCL. They've come out of nowhere with affordable and beautiful displays. Either way, ill make sure to get something with a decent warranty this time. Whatever it takes to rid myself of this polished turd Samsung claimed was a 4k TV.
Lynn7404
Apprentice
Options

I think I figured it out.  It is a failure of the backlighting.  Which is repairable but which they don't want to fix.  It requires taking the back off and replacing the harness which holds the LCDs in place.  I think that reducing the backlighting can extend the life of these bulbs.  Just an idea of mine.  I have requested a refund.  Let's see how long that takes.

0 Likes
Lynn7404
Apprentice
Options

The part to fix this costs about fifty dollars!  But the labor may be hundreds.  It is repairable at home.  Check out youtubers who have documented the process.

0 Likes
Lynn7404
Apprentice
Options
I will let you know what the outcome is.
0 Likes