Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ps5 not recognised by TV (RU7400) and black screen

(Topic created on: 22-11-2020 01:21 PM)
Banjoman
Explorer
Options

My ps5 isn't properly recognised by the Samsung TV - showing as "game console" whereas the ps4 would display as "playstation 4".

This seems to mean it doesn't remember the HDR settings or allow you to turn on game mode automatically, but worse it usually means the ps5 boots up to a flickering black screen

The only way around this (after some experimenting) is to unplug the HDMI cable from the back, turn the HDR back on in Settings for the relevant HDMI port (it always seems to turn this off on unplugging) and then plug it back in. And then turn on Game mode manually.

Annoying to say the least. Anyone having similar issues? Seems potentially fixable with TV firmware I hope...

Go to solution
24 REPLIES 24
NaumanSiddiqui
First Poster
Options

Tried the splitter still no display what am I doing wrong? the samsung TV really has issues its a bad buy for me. Sony is flawless my bravia is not giving me trouble at all.

0 Likes
Banjoman
Explorer
Options

I agree with your point about the Samsung tv - I don't think I'd buy another one given all the various issues I've seen.

I'm sorry I can only say what worked for me. If you went for the same splitter I posted, the settings were scaler to off and edid to copy. (only using one cable in and one out, not actually using it as a splitter). I power it off a rear ps5 usb port, and then it doesn't need anything doing (unless you'd changed settings in the ps5 maybe.)

Having said all that, I never had issues with the ps4, so maybe it is not the same issue... 

0 Likes
NaumanSiddiqui
First Poster
Options

I have used the splitter and it works but now the problem arises with 4k capabilities of ps5. PS5 will not send 4k signal but a 1080p signal. So this has to go without a splitter to work. 

0 Likes
NaumanSiddiqui
First Poster
Options

I tried ezcoo splitter still no result.

Scaled on and off. Tried 10 hdmi cables.

Ezcoo works on sony but on samsung still no display. I have a very strong sense that this happened after firmwaee upgrade. 

Samsung is showing display with any other device like laptop or cable but shows no display with ps4 and ps5.

Support from samsung is just terrible in my region.

0 Likes
NaumanSiddiqui
First Poster
Options

Hi 

Issue has been resolved.

The issue was main board which was not working with high resolution. Only with 1080p. After replavement issue fixed.

0 Likes