Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 HDR blown out Q95t

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 08:41 PM)
MiloK
Student
Options

Hi all,

I have tried various settings on the PS5, such as RGB full, limited and HDR off.

On my TV, I have the latest firmware (the one that fixed the 6 minute dimming issue).

Game Mode is on, Input Signal Plus is on.

The brightness is overblown and the general colour is too bright and lacking contrast and depth with HDR on.

Without HDR:
https://i.ibb.co/wSZ7ttn/20201112-200245-HDR.jpg

With HDR:
https://i.ibb.co/5r3zvrH/20201112-200653-HDR.jpg

(Don't mind the file names that's just my phone)

HDR works perfect on PS4 and UHD Blurays but seems off here with PS5.

Any suggestions?

48 REPLIES 48
Days
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I have the same issue. Now i cannot choose rgb with hdr. It was blown out, i changed 4k to -2 and hdr works. On auto hdr does not work anymore or it is blown out. Did you solve it?

I have q95t and soundbar from samsung with earc.

0 Likes
JérômeWyss
Explorer
Options

Hi,

same issue for me with my hdmi 2.1 from my Samsung 8k 2018 QE65Q900R. BT.2020 and 120hz not available in hdmi 4 for ps5 hdr, but hdr rgb are available in ps5 tv signal. TV detect only BT.1886 color and picture are washed out in hdr. Samsung, do you have any solution please? Without game mode no picture at all in this source...

0 Likes
Days
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

It works for me now. I dont think this is a Samsung issue but a bug in the Playstation 5.

Try switching from video settings in the Playstation to -2 and back to auto. I now have hdr and rgb in 4k.

Somethimes it is blown out when i startup the Playstation, switch the settings back and forth and it works again.

Ramonetto
Journeyman
Options

Wow, it seems to work! Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Alex2120
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem as you, have you solved for that kind of veil that forms with HDR? 

0 Likes
JérômeWyss
Explorer
Options

With this method i have no image after switching to -2 in my 65q900 and before I have hdr RGB in option but totally washed picture :

0 Likes
Ramonetto
Journeyman
Options

With my 95t works!

0 Likes
_Frank83_
Journeyman
Options
I have a 55Q95T and it seems like there is bug using automatic resolution in the PS5 on the HDMI4 input (the only 2.1 port available on the TV).
Basically using automatic resolution with the PS5 connected to the HDMI2.1 port, when you turn on the TV the colors are all washed out. It's not a matter of calibration, the colors are simply incorrect, it's like watching a HDR signal in SDR to give you an idea.
In the video output properties of the PS5 it says the signal is RGB HDR (I thought it shouldn't be possible atm since that should be equivalent of YUV444 in terms of bandwidth?).
To fix the situation I had to switch to -2 in the 4K transfer rate option but that is a YUV420 HDR signal so with the worst possible color compression (although quite frankly in normal applications it's absolutely not noticeable).
I can also turn the setting back to automatic AFTER having switched to -2 and it goes back to RGB HDR but this time the colors are now correct (but I don't trust at this point that it's a RGB HDR signal as it claims...). The issue is that as soon as you turn off and on the TV you have to do the same thing again and again.

So basically you either use YUV420 or you're stucked doing the trick of Automatic-> -2 ->Automatic.
Since I was not happy with both solutions I simply put the PS5 on an other HDMI port and it works perfectly at YUV422 with no issues...it's not HDMI2.1 but it's enough for YUV422 HDR at 60Hz with game mode on. But if we want to play with 120fps and in the future with VRR this is going to be a headache.

There is definetly some bug somewhere,I  don't know if the blame is on the PS5 or the TV or both. I hope it gest noticed and fixed, the console should be able to output RGB/YUV444 at 120Hz with VRR eventually but right now it's kinda barebone and buggy.

Sergioproducto
First Poster
Options

Hello, here in spain in have the same problem.  Doing the switching between -2 and returning to auto the problem stop. But is not cool do test method every day. I hope we found a solution for this. I think that the problem is in the ps5. 

0 Likes