Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Pre-installed STV Player App on Samsung TV no longer working

(Topic created on: 07/01/21 08:16)
AnneK1
Apprentice
Options
TV

I've got a 2020 Samsung Smart TV, the STV app was pre-installed and worked fine at the start but towards the end of 2020, the app stopped working.  It does load, the adverts before your selected programme do play after taking a long time to load and with lots of buffering but the programme itself no longer plays and eventually it just times out?  Pretty frustrating, can anyone help please?

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
Options
TV

Hi @AnneK1 

Could we take the model code and software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Also, have you tried a Smart Hub reset of the TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.

0 Likes
AnneK1
Apprentice
Options
TV

Hi Chris, tv details as follows, not tried resetting the hub, should I?  Only had the tv for 6 months. 

QE55Q90RATXXU

Siftware T-MSMDUEC 1372.2, B6970101/070204, BT-S

0 Likes
ChrisM
Options
TV

There does appear to be an update to your TV to version 1374.0. Try updating to this through Home > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
AnneK1
Apprentice
Options
TV

Hi Chris, just tried that but that update is not available and after running the check says the software version I quoted was the up to date version?

0 Likes