Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-installed STV Player App on Samsung TV no longer working

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 05:10 PM)
AnneK1
Journeyman
Options

I've got a 2020 Samsung Smart TV, the STV app was pre-installed and worked fine at the start but towards the end of 2020, the app stopped working.  It does load, the adverts before your selected programme do play after taking a long time to load and with lots of buffering but the programme itself no longer plays and eventually it just times out?  Pretty frustrating, can anyone help please?

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @AnneK1 

Could we take the model code and software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Also, have you tried a Smart Hub reset of the TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.

0 Likes
AnneK1
Journeyman
Options

Hi Chris, tv details as follows, not tried resetting the hub, should I?  Only had the tv for 6 months. 

QE55Q90RATXXU

Siftware T-MSMDUEC 1372.2, B6970101/070204, BT-S

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

There does appear to be an update to your TV to version 1374.0. Try updating to this through Home > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
AnneK1
Journeyman
Options

Hi Chris, just tried that but that update is not available and after running the check says the software version I quoted was the up to date version?

0 Likes
Casso
First Poster
Options

Hi Anne I am having the same issue with my Samsung which I bought in March Did you manage to resolve the problem ? I have bought an Amazon firestick which plays ok but it has a different version of player ( 4.11.2 FTV ) my tv version is is 4.1.2

Peter C

0 Likes
neilpayne
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with stv player not working, I access the stv player via the internet page on the TV and everything works fine. There is differently a glitch with the STV player and the samsung software. The Self Diagnosis is greyed out one the latest version of software ?

0 Likes
JCF
First Poster
Options

I am having same problem 

0 Likes
JCF
First Poster
Options

same problem. QE49Q80TATXXU Software is up to date

0 Likes
DodG
First Poster
Options
Older Samsung TV. I get stv player but old version and can't seem to update. Other apps do update
0 Likes