Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Petition] Need Game-mode1 and Game-mode2 [Q95T/Q90T/Q80T/Q85T]

(Topic created on: 23-12-2020 04:40 AM)
Suriya
Voyager
Options

Dear Samsung,

There is no local dimming working on game-mode because of your lowest inputlag which leads to 0 contrast with washed-out image.

Did we paid premium amount for a gaming setup to see a terrible blooming/light bleeding on Game-mode?

With Game-MotionPlus triggers slightly average local dimming also it is creating artifacts or stutter.  everywhere on online forums people are complaining about this blooming/light bleeding on Game-mode and no body likes Game-MotionPlus.

So Pls give us options to select two game-modes

for ex:

Game-mode1 : lowest inputlag/ ineffective local dimming (which is already there)

Game-mode2 : better local dimming/ rich contrast with slightly higher inputlag because of the processing to apply. (which gives better experience overall like sony TVs)

We don't need your Game-MotionPlus and undefeatable DTM digital tone mapping even HGIG engaged. We need more accurate details processed by the console not by the TV.

If you take care of the gaming community we'll keep upgrading with samsungs newer model otherwise definitely you'll loose entire gaming community permanently.

Note: Attached video proof provided by professional calibrator Vincent. Also Take a look on your own samsung forums and AVSforums that how many gaming users are complaining about washed-out image and fake HGIG when game-mode enabled.

Link1: https://youtu.be/xW4waiMa1_g

Link2: https://youtu.be/d6GUPvmHGE0

Link3: https://youtu.be/Cf1bSseyyDE

Link4: https://youtu.be/xjee0qoDwJ4

20201225_174735.jpg

20201225_174623.jpg

20201225_174536.jpg

20201225_174452.jpg

    

20201225_174120.jpg

20201225_173913.jpg

20201225_174223.jpg

20201225_173833.jpg

Above images are captured when displaying same content on Game-mode ON vs OFF

10 REPLIES 10
RouDeR
Pathfinder
Options

Completely agree that the customer should have choices how the gaming should feel and look  on their Samsung Qled TVs.

I`m with the Q800T and PC with RTX 3090, the workaround for me for Local Dimming and bad contrast is to play in 120hz Movie Mode where inputlag is still low because of the 120hz, however this introduces 2 new problems:
a) Bug with the local dimming where the picture dimms significantly after random period of time.

b) VRR is not accessible in movie mode, so in games where I can't maintain steady 120fps I get stutters/tearing.

0 Likes
lors111
Apprentice
Options

In terms of picture quality, the Q90T is literally not useable when playing with my PC (3900X/RTX3080) in game-mode and with pc-input at 4K120Hz @ HDR @ VRR @ 4:4:4

- massvie blooming 

- extreme purple ghosting especially at around 50FPS, for example in Cyberpunk at night around palms (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtgwGk-HYwg)

- VRR-flickering, very noticeable in Cyberpunk at nighttime in the sky or around street lamps.

0 Likes
lmpcardoso
Pioneer
Options

Hi! The local dimming it’s not the only problem. There are other problems, and problems that I think it’s worse than this. For example inversion of colours, ghosting, judder on low frame rate content, scanlines on 120hz mode ( I even have scanlines at 60hz on my Q80T), DSE. 
They need to start from one point but they must be aware that local dimming is not the only problem. They are selling premium TVs with a lots problems. That’s not expected wen you buy such product of this price range. 
Samsung already lost me because I will not buy no more TVs from them. 
Thank you all merry Christmas!!!

Suhorukow
Explorer
Options

Agree. This is ***** . I think they cant fix it

Suriya
Voyager
Options

I don't have DSE or ghosting some units may have those problems. Once i replaced for purple tinting and the second is even better there is no purple tinting anymore. So far these two units are excellent apart from this ineffective game-mode local dimming. Gamemode Local dimming worked on firmware 1112 after the newer updates it is getting worse. 

0 Likes
AzazelPL
Explorer
Options

I 100% agree. Samsung needs to stop ignoring gamers and start listening. Not that we buy expensive TV and new consoles to play poor-looking games because the TV producer prefers a few fps lower imput lag than a good looking image. Not all players are professionals for whom every frame counts. We need two options for frame mode and picture quality mode. Somehow Sony can maintain image quality at 18ms. 

0 Likes
Tiayeahdude
Journeyman
Options
Samsung has to answer ... You can't shut up ... We spent too much money to ignore the problem .... I want good local dimming management on game mode like in that movie
0 Likes
NoMoreQLED
Journeyman
Options

There are several threads on several forums with the same problem. We need an update about this! Will the dimming problem in game mode be fixed along with the 4K@120 issue? Respond, Samsung!

0 Likes
lmpcardoso
Pioneer
Options

They had more than enough time to make a statement about all the issues. Why they do not say nothing? Because they will never solve this. The priority now is the new TVs with mini led technology. 

0 Likes