Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owners BEWARE Burning hot to the touch TV Samsung JS9000 series. Possible Fire hazard!

(Topic created on: 07-07-2021 01:39 PM)
jw22
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys,
Just a heads up to any JS9000 owners out there. I believe this series of TV's may be a potential fire hazard in our homes.
Having previously purchased a variety of Samsung TVs and monitors over the years I was always a fam on the company. So much so back in 2016 I decided to upgrade my old Samsung 32" to a more modern set from Samsung.

After much research and careful budgeting along with managing to convince my wife of the upgrade. I was truly a happy man in taking the Samsung JS9000 55" home for the cost of nearly £1400, which I thought was a great investment at the time.

Wow first impressions were great, 4K along with wonderful vibrant colours, I was a very happy man!

All was great with this Samsung JS9000 up until a few weeks back. We have our entertainment centre setup in the bay area of the living room. We were in the living room just relaxing as families do, my 3 year old daughter went to look out the window where the TV is located. Here face touched of silver side bezel of the right TV and she screamed in pain!

I ran over to her and put my hand on the side panel of the TV to be amazed that it was BURNING HOT TO THE TOUCH!

I was shocked, this was crazy how could it be suddenly be generating so much heat.

Both sides of the TV are absolutely burning hot to the touch, even after 30 minutes in use.

The hottest areas of the panel are so hot they are have started to burn white patches along either vertical edge of the totally ruining the viewing experience and picture quality. These burn patches I observe to be getting worse over time.

Therefore, if you are an owner of such a device please for safely sake keep a close eye on it especially if you have a young family.

I spoke to Samsung support who said it was out of warranty, so tough look, they provided me a number for a local repair shop.

We are no so scared of this device being in our home or even letting our kids in the same room as it.

So owners of the JS9000 please beware regularly check you set for signs of heat, as having worked with electronics for 10 years in my opinion this series of TV could catch fire any anytime!

Have any other owners got similar issues? If so please let me know and we can look at crowdfunding an action to make Samsung take accountability and putting our homes and lives at risk.

And please do not trust the call centre team when they tell you the set won’t catch fire!
Best wishes.

JW

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AntS
Options

Hi @jw22 , Doesn't sound good that. 😞

I've sent you a PM as I'd like to have a look into this one for you. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

R_Pardo
Apprentice
Options

Pretty much the same issues. I started noticing defects on the picture quality and, when I touched the edges of the TV, they were extremely hot (I could not keep my hand on the plastic for more than a few seconds). I explain it here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-tv-js8500-defective-display/td-p/3643480

Any luck with your case?

0 Likes
jw22
First Poster
Options

Hello R_Pardo,

Your physical screen damage seems more extreme that mine by looking at you posts pictures. I got mine replaced after much dialog with the respective Samsung representatives. Just don't give up until you get an outcome you are happy with. Make sure you have the original proof of purchase to hand. I must commend SAMSUNG for the wonderful customer service they provided in getting the matter resolved. My problem was with the LED bulbs on the side of the edge-lit screen burning out and causing extreme heat along the side of the set. The temp on the screen would be as high as 60 degrees C at some points so really hot to the touch. My new set however is amazing. Best of luck!

0 Likes
R_Pardo
Apprentice
Options

Hi jw22,

Thank you very much for replying. Your experience is useful to me. I will push them a bit more as you suggest and let's see what the outcome is. If I manage to get a satisfactory solution it will definitely be a plus for Samsung next time I have to buy any electronics. Otherwise I will probably try other brands in the future.

0 Likes
magsrizza
First Poster
Options

I have a 65 inch version of this TV and yesterday my husband burnt his hand on the side of this TV - I am also extremely worried that this TV will go on fire. I have read so many complaints about this model yet Samsung are ignoring a potentially hazardous issue. Will we have to wait for someone to be seriously injured before Samsung admit that this is a product fault? Samsung should be contacting owners to inform them of the danger and then they should be compensating all owners - not ignoring our complaints and concerns!

0 Likes
R_Pardo
Apprentice
Options

Hi magsrizza,

In my experiencie Samsung won't do anything. They just told that they didn't have any other known cases and, because the warranty was over, I should contact the local technical service (they were useless as well). The best thing you can do is to select any of the low power modes of the TV. The picture will look much darker, but at least nothing will burn. Also, next time get an OLED TV from LG or any of the other brands that sell them. The picture quality is much better and the burn-ins issue is nothing compared to this Samsung *****.

I hope this is useful for you and I also hope you have better luck than I did.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@magsrizza: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your TV, and would like to arrange to get this escalated for you. With this in mind, please send a Private Message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be on hand to assist you further.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes