Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen volume display

(Topic created on: 23-11-2023 12:35 AM)
Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, I cannot find the setting to disable the on screen volume display on my Q80T. Is there a hidden setting somewhere? If not, can we get the option added by Samsung?

Thank you!

670387F1-6EFB-43EE-83B8-450F0EFA0244.jpeg

204 REPLIES 204
kmkraft
Apprentice
Options

+1 to this. It’s way too intrusive.  Apple TV just provided an elegant solution for volume OSD which can be turned on or off. I prefer their solution. Give me a way to disable the Samsung osd, which, btw doesn’t even let you know where you are on the volume range and still takes up way more space than the new apple TV osd which does provide volume range 

irebel
Journeyman
Options

Is there any way to escalate this issue? I just added a bunch of new tags:
feature-request, escalation, volume, issue, critical

Is there a tag that would trigger an escalation?

Monkeyhands
Journeyman
Options

Still nothing from Samsung? How about a class action lawsuit?

ObiJohn
Journeyman
Options

As others have done before me, I just wrote an email about this issue to the "Samsung CEO" address on the website. As in the past, the response was a standard automated email thanking us for our input. It is pretty clear that no one actually read my email other than AI.

irebel
Journeyman
Options

I contacted the Samsung support and they escalated the case to tier 2. I have not idea if that will help at all but maybe someone will notice this thread and they will add this feature request on to their roadmap. After all, it should be pretty trivial to implement. 

ScottL
Explorer
Options

I like this idea, and it may be the only way to get a fix.

Samsung reached out after I bought the TV, and made it less suitable for watching TV.  That sounds like a suit to me... I have been unhappy ever since the change, and this is the most expensive TV I've ever owned.

On another note, we bought new kitchen appliances this week (Black Friday sales), and immediately ruled-out Samsung.  There's still no good alternative to the Note, but other than that, I will never buy Samsung products again if this doesn't have a happy ending.

ScottL
Explorer
Options

I wouldn't call it a "feature-request".  It was okay, and they broke it.

JRock69
Explorer
Options

I am an Ontario lawyer (www.sommer-law.ca). As one of those whose tv was messed up by Samsung's software, I'm considering working on this. If you're interested in being involved, please send your name and contact info to me through the contact form on my website.

ScottL
Explorer
Options

Would this include US consumers?

JRock69
Explorer
Options

That would depend on how many people get involved. Some people could be plaintiffs, some could be witnesses. In my view, a claim in any jurisdiction may be enough to get Samsung to do the right thing for its customers. I encourage anyone who wants to be a part of a solution to contact me so I can add you to the list.