Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLED TV NOT showing PS5 through HDMI

(Topic created on: 04-12-2023 01:35 PM)
Mrspyke
Apprentice
Options

I have recently purchased the 65” S95C and after initial setup of the PS5 via HDMI it will just show the HDMI not connected screen whenever it is selected.

Other consoles show and work consistently and have tried multiple different ports and different HDMI cables but no difference.  The same PS5 works and shows perfectly well on the Frame TV in another room.

can anyone suggest why this is the case? 

firmware is updated to current version and Samsung soundbar is connected via optical cable. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Members_PfwZHzo
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue.  It worked a couple of times, showing the image from the PS5 and being able to play for a few minutes then the connection to PS5 would drop, it would show a black screen, then come back on after a few seconds. But tonight it would show the input from the PS5 no matter what I try. Changed cables with a 8K high end one, with no effect.

Very frustrating to pay so much for a high end TV and have such basic issues with it...

0 Likes
Mrspyke
Apprentice
Options

Finally it seems I have resolved the issue.

Went to ‘All Settings’, then ‘Connection’,select ‘External Decvice Manager’ then ‘Input Signal Plus’ .

I had to deselect it for the port in which the PS5 was connected and it suddenly worked. Had to make sure ‘Game Mode’ was switched to off as well (it seems Game Mode enables Input Signal Plus so will override what you just done).

not sure if this will rectify your issue PfwZHzo but worth a shot 

PassinThru
First Poster
Options

Finally, a real solution. After pulling out hair, buying new (unnecessary) cables, resetting the TV countless times, this worked first time I tried it. Thank you!

0 Likes
kangaroo_hopper
Student
Options

I just recently purchased the s95c and still waiting for it, meanwhile found about these issues reading reviews which I was surprised and came through an interesting video: https://youtu.be/lcR086ECooI?si=kXxkSgtXhDS5Ww5k. Bought myself fiber HDMI cable just in case I come across the same issue once I receive the tv and find out the same. Till then thought to share in case others are looking here and need help or suggestion. I hope this helps 🙏

0 Likes
S95Z User 729
First Poster
Options

Does the fiber HDMI cable work? I am suffering the black screen problem these days. 

0 Likes
kangaroo_hopper
Student
Options

Really sorry to hear about the black screen problem, did you get the HDMI fiber cable yourself too? - im thinking that it may resolve this for you in case you are not using the original PS5 HDMI cable or a cable that may be possible to be having issues. I was using the original HDMI cable that came with the PS5 and I had no issues. My fiber HDMI cable arrived so connected it, and also working no issues. Played for many hours no issues. Getting 4k 120hz on a supported game no issues. 

0 Likes
deancrabb
First Poster
Options

Fantastic this worked for me on my OLED TV.  Thanks for working that one out.  Was driving me crazy.  I however still have Game Mode on and its working fine.

SquidXYZ
First Poster
Options

This also seems to work for me. My PS5 worked perfectly with my Samsung s95C, but just now after the technician came over to replace my panel because of a weird pixel issue, I couldnt launch up my ps5 on the screen anymore. It would auto-turn on like usual, and even say that a PlayStation 5 is connected, but no screen. After turning off game mode it does seem to show up now. But… now I’m missing out on a bunch of game mode features like auto low latency mode and the game mode screen. Any other fix for this besides turning off a major feature for gamers?

0 Likes