Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not possible to add photos to the frame

(Topic created on: 04-03-2023 02:17 AM)
Fae1
Student
Options

Hi all, i just installed the frame tv 2021. Now when i try to add my own photos in the smart things app, the app closes down (error).

Restarting my Phone an tv did not solve the issue. They are both connected on same wifi.

I use a Samsung a50 with Android 11. Anybody who knows how to solve this? Would be very happy to hear from you.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This youtube video
May be helpful to you

How to add photos to TV

https://youtu.be/61p3CYoFxIY
Fae1
Student
Options

Thanks but the problem is that as soon as i Choose the option add your photos, the app freezes and closes down

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Did you follow the instructions
On the video using the
Smart things app
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Fae1: Can you try heading to the Galaxy Store > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Updates, to see if there are any available updates for the SmartThings app? If not, head to Settings > Apps > SmartThings > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache, then restart your phone. 

0 Likes
ZZee
First Poster
Options
Same happens to me, tried all fixes and nothing. Pathetic really, especially as also using a Samsung mobile
KELLYKID
Journeyman
Options

i am having the same issue.

iPhone 12 mini

iOS 16.1.1

smarthings 1.6.93.24 

Samsung The Frame

model code: QN65LS03AAFXZA

software version: T-NKM2AKUC-2111.1, BT-S

I can confirm that the TV and the phone are in the same network and I can control TV with smartThings BUT I can not upload any images due to error message in picture attached.

please advise 

98F0D778-2C57-420E-BF69-20588174C675.jpeg

doughock
Student
Options

I have reset my TV and was able to upload 1 photo.  Came back a few hours later and was again unable to upload photos due to the same issue mentioned in  post.

I have been having this issue for over 6 months.  I original thought it might be related to my phone, but I upgraded phones and I am still having the issue.  

This is the main feature for me selecting this TV.  At this point Samsung needs to resolve this issue or refund our money.

Tutayvu
First Poster
Options

Hi I had the same issue and here is something that worked for me. I reset my network settings on the TV and reentered my wifi details. I then cleared my cache on my phone and restarted the app. I reconnected and the upload photo option became active again after 2 seconds. 

Another issue I often face is that when I try and upload pictures the app says upload failed. One work around I just found is that I choose only one photo to upload at a time. and click on it to select the mat effet. From the mat effect screen it seems upload is much more effective.

Now I agree with you all it is a bit crazy to have to learn all these tips and workarounds. Samsung should fix its upload process and give more options to upload on the TV 'eg using a USB stick, a hard drive, moving forward. If they fix this I may end up buyin another Frame set for another room. If they don't I will go and buy a Meural Canvas instead

0 Likes
Switz
First Poster
Options

I had this same problem for days. I finally realized that my TV was connected to the internet via hardwire, not the wireless network. On your tv, go to Settings, General, Network and Open Network. Choose Wireless. That solved the problem for me.