Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin picture when Portal connected

(Topic created on: 19-12-2022 03:58 PM)
Ctretreat
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have a new Samsung Qn95b55 with Virgin V6 box, Nintendo switch, and Facebook Portal connected. When I turn off the virgin box and turn it back on the picture is lost but menus and sound still work. I have isolated the problem to the Portal - if I disconnect the Portal, while the virgin input is selected, the picture returns. I have tried different Hdmi cables on each input and the same still happens, even with hdmi 2.1.
Any ideas what might be causing this and possible solution (other than only connecting the portal when needed).
Thanks Paul 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried just connecting the virgin box ?? Once it's connected you can work backwards and connect everything else.
If it's anything like mine then the hdmi cables are all you need.
0 Likes
Ctretreat
First Poster
Options
Yes. Connected the virgin Box hdmi 1, all good. Connect Portal on hdmi 2 and I lose the picture on hdmi 1. Retains the virgin menu but no TV picture
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Take your time. So you know that 1 option works, now make sure that the HMDI cables are in good condition and make a connection.
Things are possible, but take time to work them out.
0 Likes
Ctretreat
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the help but I've tried all this (and various other troubleshooting steps) . For some reason the TV just doesn't like the portal being connected. Nothing to do with cables. Nothing to do with the virgin box
box (I have two that both behave the same when switched). Connect the portal and the picture disappears from the virgin feed. Disconnect the portal and it comes back.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Haven't Facebook discontinued the portal feature, I know you can't buy one now from them.
0 Likes
Ctretreat
First Poster
Options
Yes but still in support
0 Likes