Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No terrestrial / Freeview on my new smart tv.

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 01:12 AM)
Highlander52
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a new Frame tv and it's set up with Wi-Fi and the One Box is connected to aerial socket, but there are no terrestrial / Freeview channels. I've tried auto-tuning and resetting on numerous occassions but still nothing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. 

71 REPLIES 71
ArmElec
Journeyman
Options

I haven't had this resolved as yet but I am currently chatting with Samsung support on twitter in an attempt to, 1 - get the issue resolved, and 2 - get Samsung to recognise that there is an issue with the freeview tuner on their 'smart' TV's!

I'd also like to permanently remove those awful Samsung TV+ channels, some of the stuff on there is not appropriate for young children and I hate the fact that the TV defaults to channel 4000 every time! 🤬

MohamedFrameTV
First Poster
Options

Hi All, not sure if this is issue is only on Samsung Frame TV 2019..

I think I managed to resolve this. I checked if there is anything available on Youtube and this video helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjAcriyIk1k

1) Go to Setting > Broadcasting > Auto Tuning Setting > Auto Tuning (choose Terrestrial) - This has worked for me

2) In the Samsung TV Guide, press option on your remote control (button with 4 colours) , choose 'Antenna' (I did not find this option on my TV), this will re-tune your TV

NCudmore
Explorer
Options

Don't think this is just a Frame TV issue.  I have a Q950 which arrived in March this year.  I've never managed to get it to work with Terrestrial, and Broadcasting is actually greyed out in Settings.  I was advised to factory reset and try tuning with nothing connected to the one box other than the ariel; but given I have all the accounts for streaming services (Disney/ Netflix/ Amazon/ spotify/ youtube) configured and everything else connected and use SKY I'm not bothered enough to do it, but it's maybe worth a shot...

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

All this seems like user error. 

Firstly the TV needs a freeview terrestrial ariel connected with a decent signal, it doesn't magically pluck the signal from thin air or via any other means. 

Second the TV source must be set as TV for the broadcast option to be available in settings. 

Auto tune options must be Terrestrial and digital. 

Manual tuning can be found under the expert option. 

If channels are not then picked up, you have an issue with your ariel set up. 

BASARAN
First Poster
Options

Seems like everyone is saying the same thing... I actually called and asked how I could watch normal TV, was told iPlayer and other streaming services were available??!!??!!

What's the point of a smart TV is you can do the basic TV watching on it?

Why is the app store so restrictive and why did they remove Freeview for new models?

Bit rubbish really.

Footstrap
First Poster
Options

So I had the same problem with our new Samsung TV but have just fixed it!! It's down to the tuning. We have freesat coming in through the satellite cable into the TV. So I set the source as TV as suggested above. Then headed to settings. I set the auto tune options to be Terrestrial and Digital and retuned. No change to the problem, I just had the same 70 samsung plus channels. BUT then I followed the same steps and changed the setting from Terrestrial to Freesat and then re-tuned and it found everything and we now have normal tv.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
PaulmH
First Poster
Options

I was looking to buy a new samsung smart TV until i did a little research, the new line up does NOT have a freeview tuner installed! That means you have to buy a SEPARATE box to recieve a signal, total pants ill be sticking to LG. Hope this helps.

IainP1
First Poster
Options

Did this fix the problem. I have just bought a frame 32” and having same issue.

0 Likes
IainP1
First Poster
Options

Did you resolve this issue? Just got a frame 32” and same issue with freeview channels tuning and pixelation when some channels actually appear. 

0 Likes
tintack348
Student
Options

It's not necesarily an aerial problem. If users get a strong quality signal with another TV plugged into the same aerial then the problem can be elsewhere. My brand new Frame TV had a firmware problem. This is a common fault with the Samsung Frame TV. Samsung deny this but if you have a new TV with this problem when you didn't have one before send it back if it's very new.