Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Game Mode or Input Signal Plus with NVIDIA Geforce 4080

(Topic created on: 04-01-2023 05:04 PM)
b_chleb
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I've got my PC connected via an HDMI 2.0 cable to my Samsung Q95A TV (the PC is also connected to a 1440p monitor. This has been working fine for about a year.

I recently upgraded my GPU from an NVIDIA GeForce 1080 TI to a 4080. This new setup worked for maybe a week before the problems started. First, I was unable to enable HDR, but Game Mode was working. A day or so later, Game Mode also stopped working. I can't enable input signal plus either. Doing any of these things causes the TV to immediately lose signal to the PC. This is at 4K/60hz.

I tried playing around with resolution settings, using a different 2.0 cable, etc., but nothing works. I can still watch TV on my PC as long as I don't put it into Game Mode or enable input signal plus. I am waiting for a 48gbps cable to see if that maybe solves the problem, but I've seen a lot of threads about this kind of issue with the 3000-series cards and absolutely nothing that indicates Samsung has solved it.

I tried contracting Samsung support, unfortunately the chat was unhelpful and they are unable to provide remote assistance in a language I speak very well.

Has anyone managed to fix this with a 3000 or 4000-series NVIDIA GPU? Is my TV now just an expensive brick?

17 REPLIES 17
ruud_g
Apprentice
Options

i have about the same problem with a samsung qe65qn95b connected to a 4070 ti

it was connected to a 2080ti, and under pc resolutions in the nvidia control panel it would do 4k, 1440p and 1080p all at 120 hz and the tv in game mode.

Uninstalled the old drivers with ddu, swapped the card for a 4070ti, installed new drivers and at first it would only do 4k at 60 hz in game mode. none of the other resolutions worked. after uninstalling and reinstalling driver again, and fumbling with resolutions it wouldnt do game mode at all in any resolution.

ended up putting my 2080ti back in, and now it all works again.

I havent spend a lot of time investigating this yet.

Did order a new hdmi 2.1 certified cable wich should arive tuesday.

Gonne check if it works with that on comming wednesday.

If it doesnt work i'm also gonne try the studio driver in stead of the game ready driver from nvidia. 

I'l keep you posted on the outcome.

b_chleb
Journeyman
Options

If you're still having problems with the new cable, definitely try plugging into the HDMI ARC port instead of the regular HDMI ports. That's the only way I was able to get mine to work. It still messes up pretty frequently and it takes up the ***** soundbar port, but it's usable.

0 Likes
ruud_g
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the tip to try the hdmi arc port.

been fumbling some more today, and sadly couldnt get it to work.

Tried the hdmi arc port (with my current cable), but it was no go.

Tried all hdmi ports, and even swapped the cable from the one connect box to the tv for another one.

Hope the new cable will solve the issue, allthough i suspect it might be

a driver issue with the new 4070 ti.   

(even tried the studio driver, but it didnt help)

Without a driver installed, game mode works, but as soon as the driver is installed it fails.

The sad thing is there are only 3 drivers available for the 4070 ti and all 3 fail. A older driver

wont intall as it doesnt recognize the 4070 ti.

We wil see on Comming Wednesday 8-)

edit: it is possible to mod a older nvidia driver to maybe install with the 4070 ti.

if all else fails i might try that.

ruud_g
Apprentice
Options

update tuesday 14-2

the new qnected active hdmi 2.1 cable seems to have solved the issue.

4070 ti now works on my qn95b with 4k and 1440p at 120 hz with hdr in game mode.

will keep an eye on it and if i get any problems in the comming days i'll report back,

but for now i'm very happy 8-)

0 Likes
b_chleb
Journeyman
Options

Nice! Glad it's working for you, I hope it stays that way! I'm still paranoid my ARC port solution will suddenly stop working, but it's been pretty ok for a couple of months now.

It's too bad this TV has such awful connection problems because games do look pretty ***** good on it when it's working properly. Enjoy!

0 Likes
MongrelSlav
First Poster
Options
So after having the same issue i've found a workaround that so far hasn't failed. By using chrome screen share/remote access, i'm able to go into nvidia control panel from my phone whilst the tv says no signal & by simply reselecting the resolution (4k@144), it then connects & stays connected. Haven't yet tried with vrr/g sync but I'm up & running. This is deffo a software driver thing between samsung & nvidia. I'm using an rtx 3090.
0 Likes
sosakf
Apprentice
Options

I have simillar problem, Gigabyte RTX 4070 Gaming OC, i´m able to do PC mode in nvidia control panel 2560x1440 @120Hz with hdr vrr working just fine, but im not able to go from 8bit color depth to 10bit (TV QE55QN95A) 10bit should be supported by this TV and was working just fine with my previous graphics card RTX 2070 Super, any sugestions how to solve this ?

When i switch from 8 to 10bit -> no signal input, tried all ports including eArc solution, not working, switched cable even knowing the one im using is 8k HDMI 2.1 certified, same result... tried all 3 different drivers, no luck 😕

Have the latest bios on my mobo, everything setup correctly in bios, for graphics card there is no other bios than one it came with.

0 Likes
Poet
First Poster
Options

Have you solved the problem? I have the same issue with 4070

0 Likes
b_chleb
Journeyman
Options

The problem isn't really solved, but I managed to find a workaround by plugging the PC in to the HDMI ARC slot on the TV. For some reason, that kind of works. It still messes up constantly, though. Sometimes it forgets how to detect the PC, sometimes it locks my refresh rate to 60hz for no reason, and other times the TV loses signal when I change to game mode.

This is the best I was able to do, though. Considering how long this problem has been happening, it doesn't look like Samsung intends to ever do anything about it. My TV updated a week or two ago, but this only made the problem slightly worse.

0 Likes