Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ethernet port on 32 frame tv

(Topic created on: 24-12-2021 04:33 PM)
David10001
Apprentice
Options

Hi. All my larger frame tv’s have Ethernet ports but just purchased a 32 inch version and want to hard wire my internet connection with cat6, but it doesn’t have a. Ethernet port?? I see I can purchase a Ethernet to either hdmi or usb converter but is it that simple.?

any solution welcome and thank you. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
You can get an adapter
You just plug in

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/computing-accessories/computers/usb-ethernet-adapter-dongle-aa-...

Also check amazon
Samsung ethernet adapter
0 Likes
David10001
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated. Sorry if being a trifle dim, but can I use either hdmi or usb and plug it into any port? I read that I need a LAN port and my one box doesn’t have any saying LAN ? 

0 Likes
Saj24
First Poster
Options

Hi David, did you figure this out? Just bought a 32” and realized it doesn’t have an Ethernet jack. 

0 Likes
David10001
Apprentice
Options

No Sam, just what’s on here. Going to buy the suggested cable and let you know! 

0 Likes
TestJimmybobby3415
First Poster
Options

For what it is worth, I just tried a third party USB-to-Ethernet adapter and it does not work. The TV insists on using a WiFi connection, doesn't even acknowledge the presence of the cord.

Peter000UK
First Poster
Options
I tried this also thinking USB to Ethernet cable would work, it didn't. I just viewed prime on my tv via my laptop with a hdmi to hdmi cable. But looks like I will need a wifi wireless adapter for a solution, as I could not see a LAN / ethernet port on my tv a samsung eur49m5000ak, I think it was the last of just before every tv being smart. Peter, UK.
0 Likes
David10001
Apprentice
Options

Yep, tried this and as everyone suggests. It doesn’t work. Can’t believe a tv these days doesn’t allow this. Going to have to buy a Wi-Fi extender I think and leave it. Waste of money installing the cat 6 cable to this room..! 

glueman
First Poster
Options
Looked at this but the link appears to be a dongle not an adapter
0 Likes
akaSmiles
First Poster
Options

I actually got my hands on this one and it doesn't work. You're stuck with Wifi only.

0 Likes