Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 05-09-2017 04:30 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
Blueboy1
First Poster
Options

Hi folks, 

Forum newbie and recent purchaser of a 55MU6120. I Installed the 1201 firmware via USB. No visible in your face differences as far as I can tell. Although I had hoped this Update would contain the HDR10+ Flavour of HDR. 

Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case. Was hoping to enjoy Amazon Prime Video in HDR10+. 

Anyone have any idea or knowledge of when HDR10+ Will be coming for the MU6000 Series?

Warmest Regards 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@valleyboy22wrote:

So there is a USB download update available and has anyone found any improvement on things. 

I've only just installed the update and like @Simclark26 have not noticed much difference thus far, however updates generally said to improve useability and performance.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options
I have been getting random green flashes after the last update hopefully this new update will fix that
0 Likes
mtech71
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Madasahat. 1201 solved that issue for me :smiling-face:

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Gonna have to download my update via USB tomorrow and update my tv i think. 

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options
That is awesome news I have downloaded the update on to my phone and will update as soon as I get home. That green flash was very annoying.
0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

How do u get it from phone to tv? You need to unzip the file normally to install it via USB? 

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options
I connect my S8 to my laptop and transfer it to my hard drive 1st.
0 Likes
TazmanUK37
Journeyman
Options

Hi had random bright flashes on 1155. They never said it was Firmware issue.

Engineers came out totally changed the front part of the TV just leaving my old back plate and psu, in about TV it states I now have a mu6409 TV rather than a mu6120 as from before.

I have asked why they just say a spare mainboard replacement used is known as a mu6409, my screen now that used to have a inch depth plastic frame no longer is it's nearly flisu with the frame.

I still cannot get answere to why a mainboard, entire front part was changed as well.

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Well did my update which to be honest was really quick. Do not see any difference to be honest, so wonder what was done on this one? 

0 Likes