Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 06-03-2018 10:56 AM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
eplekake
Explorer
Options
Where did you find that information?
0 Likes
Jimmy8881
Student
Options

@eplekake wrote:
Where did you find that information?

On the USA website, on certain models the firmware download link have a question mark next to it, when clicking the question mark it shows the compatible models and firmware information.

AntonKrustev
First Poster
Options
There is a new version 1201.0 (55MU7000). Has anyone tested it?
0 Likes
eplekake
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the notice.

I never installed the 1151. Actually, it was never available as an OTA upgrade.

Did anyone else notice this?

Btw, can anyone else confirm if the HBO app is able to update on their tv?

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Is there a new recent update then and is it over the air one? 

0 Likes
Simclark26
First Poster
Options

I’m currently on update 1151 on mu6100.. my smart voice remote now no longer recognises the voice commands for prime video and YouTube kids.. the only 2 apps we actually use..

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntonKrustev @eplekake@valleyboy22 Think it tends to be the case that firmware  updates are firstly available via the support site for USB installation, should be available OTA via internet at some point but there may be instances when this  is not the case.  1201.0 has only become available today 5th March, ,I've been updating my MU set via USB lately. but have not tested this one yet.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
mtech71
Journeyman
Options

Just installed it this evening on MU6402 (via usb of course). I haven’t noticed any visible changes yet but at least I can tell you it’s safe to install :winking-face: I had random picture flickering on previous firmware version so hopefully that’s now fixed...

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Simclark26wrote:

I’m currently on update 1151 on mu6100.. my smart voice remote now no longer recognises the voice commands for prime video and YouTube kids.. the only 2 apps we actually use..

Hi @Simclark26, the latest firmware for your set is also 1201.0 available via USB download (same one for all screen sizes with this model) http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE49MU6100WXXN      (2nd one since 1151).   At times there can be server issues , however if problems persist after update I would suggest the following:

1. Unplug the TV and wait one minute.  Hold down the curved arrow button and the color dot button simultaneously until the red light stops blinking. 

2.  Plug  in and turn on the power to the  TV.

3. Take the batteries out of the remote, and then put them back in. 

4.  Go to the settings on the TV screen and find and  select RESET.

5.  Select "restore the TV to the originally factory settings." 

6.  Follow the onscreen directions for connecting/pairing  the remote to the TV .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

So there is a USB download update available and has anyone found any improvement on things. 

0 Likes