Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 55” Tv either freezes or just returns to the HDMI or Samsung chanel

(Topic created on: 13-03-2021 07:50 AM)
Tad Bleidd
First Poster
Options

Love our 75” tv so bought the Crystal HD 55”.  Turning into a nightmare...appeared to set up ok this afternoon but now it either freezes, quickly times out  reverts back to previous Chanel before I can do anything on home apps etc...and worst of all I can’t do a factory reset because it times out and returns to the previous Chanel...so fed up. Have done the hard and cold resets...starts up fine for about 2 mins and then it’s like a brick once more...can anybody offer any advice other than return it please?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Betareviewer
Pioneer
Options
Have you tried disconnecting everything from the TV then trying a factory reset. also have you been able to check if there is a firmware update for the TV. You can download updates from Samsung on to a USB stick and installing it. Is the control panel on the TV sticking at all or any buttons on the remote stuck.

Failing all of that I would definitely getting the TV checked as you shouldn't be having issues with a new TV like that.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Tad Bleidd  Good advice from @Betareviewer .   Would firstly check that you have latest firmware on Samsung Support here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/  If have latest firmware or does not solve it  Advisable to disconnect and switch off at the mains for around 5 minutes before trying again.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Tad Bleidd
First Poster
Options

Thank you for taking the time to answer.  I  followed  your instructions but no joy...after numerous attempts to allow Samsung remote access I was told needed an engineer to call.  Have returned the tv.

0 Likes
Tad Bleidd
First Poster
Options

Thank you James4578 it appears the tv had a fault...sent it back

0 Likes