Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix app won't load on UE48H6670

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 11:04 AM)
Johnny32
Student
Options

Netflix app stopped working yesterday, won't load on Samsung UE48H6670. Software version T-MST14DEUC-2900.0. Sub-micom Version: T-MST14DEUS-1008.

Smart Hub Information: 

Apps version: 6.1741

Other apps work, tv is connected to internet. I have unplugged, waited and re-plugged. 

Can you help me with this?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
eoghandl
Apprentice
Options

Same problem on a Samsung UE32H6400. Tried all the things that Netflix and Samsung recommend but app still goes black before profile choice.

leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Maybe Samsung has pulled the plug on yet another app , YouTube will probably be next,
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Johnny32  At the moment it is just pre 2012 Tv's which are reported are  being incompatible with the Netflix app,whilst you have a 2014 model.  You do have the latest  firmware though. I would suggest that after unplugging you reinstall the Netflix app. However if this does not make a difference suggestions to try are a Factory Reset, Rebooting Router (by unplugging) and changing the DNS settings. Go to Network-Network Settings-DNS settings and change from Automatic to Manual.  Enter 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4     (the Google Servers) There are other alternatives in this article should you wish to try them .  https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

eoghandl
Apprentice
Options

I have done all these things and they have made no difference.

eoghandl
Apprentice
Options

And, now it’s started working again.

0 Likes
Johnny32
Student
Options

Thanks, will try all this when I get time. For the moment I have a workaround with an old freeview box. 

0 Likes
Members_CwsSTyB
First Poster
Options

I've had this issue for around a month 🙈, and happy to say that after trying everything, changing the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 has worked, thank you so much as I was loosing the will to live 🤣... Thank you 👍

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_CwsSTyB  Glad it is now sorted, you should be in a happier state of mind :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes