Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung series 8 65 keeps disconnecting remote

(Topic created on: 10-11-2018 01:25 PM)
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

97 REPLIES 97
Marcuses33
First Poster
Options

This is actually interesting. I have this same issue  and i'm constantly needing to reconnect,  actually sometimes it won't and I need to try multple times.

I don't recall when the issue  started, but I know I ha moved my WIFI router from the other side of the house at one point since I've had this TV. It's now situated  literally right behind the TV wall. 

I'm going to try moving it. Thanks for the tip!-* worth a go

0 Likes
Scott67
First Poster
Options

I have been having the exact same issue for a couple of months now. I have had the TV for around 2 years and it has worked well. Now, I have to keep reconnecting the remote and it takes several tries to get it connected now. Yesterday, I followed some advise that I saw on this thread. While the TV was on, I held the remote power button down for around 10 second or so, and waited for the TV to power off then power it's self back on. I try it again today to see if this effort works. If not, I don't know what else to do. It's a shame. Other than that, the TV works well. 

0 Likes
Samsmugs
Student
Options

Same problem in 2022. Really sad that Samsung didn't fix their defective product and all this time. I just switched from their phone to a Google phone and it's much better. I'm going to do the same for TV unless they provide some support. It's garbage that they just send us to these chat boards for us to circle jerk our problems to each other

WilliamW2
First Poster
Options

ISSUE FIXED!

I had the same issue with my remote losing pairing from the tv after moving. Prior to the move I had almost zero issues. Once in a long while I would have to repair but nothing consistent enough to remember. I have a 2018 QLED 65 inch btw. 
Soon after the move I started losing the pairing from the remote, it became annoying enough that I hopped online to see if others have experienced the same or was it time to replace something. I found this forum, read every response and thought I was left with the choices of either buying a new Bluetooth module for the tv, replacing the remote for the same, replacing the remote with an IR remote or getting a new tv.
I figured I’d give dealing with the problem a rest and decided to put on my headphones which connect to the tv via Bluetooth as well. They sounded terrible and filled with static with the tv sound dropping in and out. That told me the remote was working fine since both the remote and headphones were having issues with the Bluetooth signal. I figured I was going to have to buy a new Bluetooth module for the tv. I then remembered that in one of the replies in this forum stated they went from a wireless internet connection to wired and that solved the issue….that unfortunately did not apply to me as I use a wired connection. That did however get me thinking that my Wi-Fi router is directly behind the tv on the right side where the Bluetooth module is located and what if I just move it?
I moved the Wi-Fi router clear cross the room and VOILA, remote and headphones immediately starting working perfectly again. I left it this way for over a day, then I moved it back behind the tv but on the left side which is opposite of the Bluetooth module on the tv. No further issues. 
Somehow my Wi-Fi routers close proximity was causing interference with the Bluetooth signal. 
Hope this helps!

Even though it might not matter, my router is the Netgear Nighthawk AX2700 and I am using both the 2.4 and 5ghz signals in my home. 

FanBiustu
First Poster
Options

Hello, My TV (UE65NU8042TXXH) also started to go crazy with the remote as well. I tried to reduce WiFi interferences, reset TV, pair again, hold 10 sec power off button, and every else suggestion posted under this thread. Unfortunatelly, it does not help at all for me. I even removed dongle for remote keyboard and reduced power of WiFi 2,4 GHz to 40% (router is placed around 5m from the TV, in the different room as well). I wanted to buy another original remote, but as I read, some of you replaced the remote and the problem still occurs.
I don't want to spent more energy on it, so I want to buy an IR substitute remote. Are you able to advice some models to be not cheap chineese shoddies but something good, which will work couple of years, be well made and have a pretty good range?
Thank you.
P.S.: My TV is already after guarantee period, so I am not able to rise a problem to Samsung without additional costs, this is why I prefer to buy some good substitue remote. Thank you.

0 Likes
wlgrd
Journeyman
Options

2022 and I have the same problem with a 2022 The Frame 65". I reset the TV, reset the remote (not just paired, but reset) complained and got a new remote yesterday which instantly worked. The last one started getting worse and worse until both IR and Bluetooth was failing (I'm an electronics engineer and used to either working or not if there is a hardware failure so this I think this is software). 

From the start I have not changed any WiFi settings or moving any radio devices around the house. It worked perfectly for about three months before suddenly, over the course of two weeks with problems and re-pairing it finally stopped working completely.

New remote started failing today, just after one day of use. Again, no change in wifi whatsoever in the house, so I can't believe it's any other fault than the TV since the new paired immediately whilst the other couldn't at all in the end. Will call Samsung next instead of the retailer. This is really sad.

0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

Mine sometimes works for weeks without problems and then out of nowhere it keeps disconnecting. 

I really tried it all but the best option is just have an spare IR remote. 

0 Likes
t0md0
Explorer
Options

Yup same.. still having this issue 2022. NU8000 model. Thing is.. it worked for the first couple years perfectly fine and maybe sometime last year or more it just disconnects and the pairing doesn't always work on the first try. Very frustrating. Kinda crazy how soany people are experiencing this.

0 Likes
gigtime
First Poster
Options

I've had the same TV since 2018 and dealt with the same problem repeatedly. A couple of things I've learned. This is a bluetooth remote except for the power button. The power button works like a non bt remote would so that you can turn on your TV to pair it. I suspect that some of the problem is neighbors that have the same TV. Unlike an infrared remote, this one will work between walls and I can be way on the other side of the house and it will work. 

Samsung will have you running through hoops trying all kinds of things and they never work. I think this is just a design flaw they'll never admit. 

I'm just moved from an apartment to a house. Until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't have any problems with the remote. Now, my TV keeps turning on all the time. When I turn it off, within seconds or a few minutes, it turns on again. I suspect that one of my neighbors went out and bought a Samsung and when I turn my TV off, it turns his on and vice-versa. The TV never turns off randomly. I'm not going to start knocking on doors to see why got a new TV but I'm pretty sure this is the problem. 

0 Likes
ae92
Apprentice
Options

@nbar wrote:

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

If you are having this problem, change the batteries. The few times I would get the remote to connect, it would show full battery on the screen so I never thought about changing it. Saw the red activity light on my remote was very dim, the red light that flashes when it's disconnected or trying to connect. Changed batteries and voila, it hasn't disconnected since. Hope this helps and shame on Samsung.

Tldr: change batteries cuz the full bar battery that shows on screen might be incorrect. 

0 Likes