Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung series 8 65 keeps disconnecting remote

(Topic created on: 10-11-2018 01:25 PM)
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

97 REPLIES 97
FanBiustu
First Poster
Options

Hello! Could kindly check the numbers on your new remote, please? I am curious if there are any differences comparing to the old one (if they made any improvements on it). Thank you.

0 Likes
wlgrd
Journeyman
Options

I am on my eight solar remote now... they ship almost immediately a new one when I raise a ticket, and never tells me if I need to continue this forever.

The remote works perfectly fine put of the box (the last one since may) but it always starts to fail after some time. The remotes have production dates from 2021, 2022 and the last one from January 2023. I don't expect much of a difference 

nbar
Journeyman
Options

RMCSPN1AP1 older remote after an update to my TV it doesn't disconnect anymore.

0 Likes
MyTVSucks
First Poster
Options

I have a nine series and it starting this after I bought/installed three “The frames” . About every three or 4 days I have to unplug the frames and re-pair the TV.  BAD tech!

0 Likes
Thunder13126
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem since I bought it. Its frustrating and time consuming to "repair" ur remote which usuall takes multiple attempts. I love the quality of tv.. BUT this issue negates that. Ive been dealing whit this for years. 

0 Likes
Thunder13126
First Poster
Options

There is a master reset you can do which seems to fix the problem for a few months.. which is it seems the best they can do. Next time I buy it won't be Samsung.  They know they have a Big problem but choose not to fix or address it. Sad.

0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

Actually this might be helping. i changed the batteries and now its not disonnecting anymore. I already noticed before that its getting worse in time till you change batteries, so i guess lower voltage on the batteries the problem.

I might try some lithium ones soon and see if thats lasting longer.

0 Likes
Buddy Herold
First Poster
Options

How does one do a “master reset”?   And are you talking about the TV or a reset on the remote…?

Thx

0 Likes