Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing HDR feature

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 07:38 PM)
fixmytv
Apprentice
Options

Just bought my second 4k hdr tv from samsung. Or so i thought. Both are 7000 series. this one being newer 2019 model UE43RU7020. It is a low end model granted. But it had HDR and 4k which i wanted. 

No where can i find a HDR setting on this TV, its written on the box, just not on the software it seems. I can find it easily on my 2018 model, HDR works fine on that tv. This one just goes black screen or to source selection screen if i try to enable a hdr signal.

So im using the wrong type of hdmi cable i hear? that wouldnt remove any trace of a HDR setting on the #TV's software..... i have a feeeling the hdr option is missin which is naughty as this tv clearly staes hdr on the box and on the webpage i bought it from.

is there anyone else who has experienced this? can it be sorted remotely or is it a rplacement tv?

Many thanks guys

J

10 REPLIES 10
MrSelfDestruct
First Poster
Options

Hi, I had the same problem with my Samsung Q60 TV. HDR options weren't available for my ps4 because I also had my xbox one connected via hdmi and xbox one does not support HDR. So I just plugged out my xbox and viola! - HDR options became available again. So just disconnect any devices that don't support HDR and you should be good to go. 

0 Likes