Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 43” CU7100 UHD 4K HDR Smart TV & Xbox wireless controller

(Topic created on: 14-12-2023 08:55 PM)
danblade
Student
Options

Hello all,

I've recently purchased the 2023 43” CU7100 UHD 4K HDR Smart TV and have been exploring the Gaming Hub and Xbox app.  I have an old Xbox One and hoped that the wireless controller would connect to the TV to allow me to use it when playing games through the Xbox app.  However, despite multiple attempts the controller never seems discoverable via Bluetooth - does anyone know if the last generation controllers are unsupported through wireless connection?  It works fine when connected via USB cable but not the most helpful setup given that the TV is wall-mounted.

Would just like to check if I'm missing anything before I spend money on a current generation controller.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Should work fine, have you got the TV and remote in paring at the same time. And it's just connecting to the console?
danblade
Student
Options

Thanks for your response.  Through investigating further, I think the model of controller I have actually connects via infrared rather than Bluetooth, which would explain my issue.  I'm using it with a USB cable for now and may invest in a wireless version if we continue to use it regularly.