Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCM support QLED 2020?

(Topic created on: 27-11-2020 03:43 PM)
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Sonos recently updated their soundbars to have multichannel LPCM support. I have a PS5 and I am trying this on my Q85T. However, using passthrough on TV and LPCM on PS5, I get Stereo 2.0 output. I asked Samsung and they said that the Q85T does NOT have LPCM support!? Is this true? Seems like such an oversight on Samsung's part. 

Instead, I use passthrough on TV and Dolby Bitstream on PS5 and it gives me DD 5.1, which is good but not as good as LPCM. 

101 REPLIES 101
tankslapper29
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my 2020 Q80T. I too have a Sonos Arc and was hoping to get surround sound from DTS blu rays via LPCM but only get stereo 2.0

Did Samsung say they were going to do anything about it via a firmware fix?

Fred96
First Poster
Options

As it is the 2020 QLED does not support LPCM.
I also have to Q80T and A SONOS Arc, SUB, and rears.. 

There is many threads regarding this, and some state that Samsung will fix this with a firmware.. 
Although I have not seen anything official supporting that statement.

I just hope Samsung will fix this.. 

Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

After 1461 firmware updated, it seems that the issue has been fixed, I can hear multichannel sound in my set (PS5 output 7.1 LPCM to TV Q95T via eARC to HW-Q90R). 

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

I have the Samsung QE55Q95T and Sonos Arc + Sub (Gen 3) + PS5.

What setting did you change in the PS5 and the Q95T to Output LPCM?

The latest firmware update that I’m seeing in the website is 1460.9.

0 Likes
Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

Q95T : turn on eARC and Passthrough in TV's audio setting.

PS5 : set audio output format to 7.1ch, Linear PCM in console's audio setting.

Multichannel LPCM seems to work correctly.

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

Tried it already. It still shows Stereo PCM 2.0. I went into a Samsung chat and I was told that it still being worked on plus no date when.

Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

You're right. I tried it yesterday and confirmed that multichannel LPCM was downgraded to PCM 2.0 via eARC. 

I hope Samsung can fix it as soon as possible since the bug is very annoying for players of Nintendo Switch which can only output multichannel LPCM.

Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

Just a quick update on LPCM for QLED 2020 especially my tv (Q95T). I recently went into a chat regarding LPCM. I gave my number to keep in touch about LPCM and this is the message I received.

04F0FF7D-A643-4D26-94D3-1698281A5599.jpegIm trying to wrap my head around this because I’m so confused. I don’t even know anymore if this is even going to be solved.

0 Likes
Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

Oh, this message means the hope of fixing this issue is sentenced to death officially.

It makes me disappointed that such a high priced TV can't even passthrough LPCM via eARC. LG and Samsung's TVs both sufferd the same issue, but LG fixed it 8 months ago. In contrary, Samsung just ignored it for the whole 2020, and gives you a simple reply after users ask again and again.

0 Likes