Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED TV Samsung screen vertical shadow stripe or dark band

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 10:43 PM)
Anduser
Apprentice
Options

I got a trouble with my Samsung UE55KU6450 Smart TV (4 years old):

When I turn on TV, screen works fine in the begining, but vertical shadow stripe appears a few later.

I note the same area at the rear of the TV is a little hot, as the bottom front.

I've tried auto image testing and trouble remains in all tests.

You will find the same issue been frequently reported in Google for different series of Samsung TVs, but not given a technical reason explaining what's up, nor a solution. Is it a LED stripe problem? A electrical issue?  Could it be due to heat dissipation or panel pressure adjustment issues?

35 REPLIES 35
tv_bob
First Poster
Options

I just started having exactly the same problem on my 50" TV.  It look exactly like the image you posted.

0 Likes
Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

Does anybody know what is causing this problem, what do we have to replace to fix this?

0 Likes
krastev
Apprentice
Options

This is caused by failed LEDs on the edge backlight strips. It's fixable on smaller TV sets, but the bigger the TV the worse chance you have to do it without cracking the screen.

It's not worth the effort and the money you'll spent IMHO.

0 Likes
JRP1983
Apprentice
Options

LED strips inside are failing. $20 fix if you do it yourself 

0 Likes
JRP1983
Apprentice
Options

$20 and fixed it myself.  Not that difficult to be honest 

0 Likes
Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

1. How large is your television?

2. How many strips did you have to replace?

3. Where do you get them? Part #?

Thanks.

0 Likes
JRP1983
Apprentice
Options

It was the 55inch and replaced both strips as they came in a pair and figured if one was going then I may as well replace both.  The tv model was un55nu7100. Ordered from AliExpress.

0 Likes
Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

I have a vertical band about 2 feet wide in the middle of the screen, will the same two strips fix this? I have the 65 inch screen. 

0 Likes
JRP1983
Apprentice
Options

If it looks like the picture is fine underneath and just dim then yes …if it’s a discoloured stripe I don’t think so 

0 Likes
Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

Picture is just dimmer underneath, still viewable.

0 Likes