Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Is there a good way to communiacte to Samsung the kind of product I want to see?

(Topic created on: 13-06-2023 01:07 PM)
Deckard2043
Student
Options

Me and my other half want another 40'' 1080p TV. Our old Samsung (top of the range near enough 7 series) is superb but we need a standby. Sad to see, not only can we not get a 1080p LED or OLED, and i mean a high end model, but no one seems to be making 40'' models now. its crazy as a lot of people do not want massive screens. 42 and 43 inches is too big for our cubby anyway lol. 

So, we want to see high spec 40inchers again, and 1080p options. Reason for the 1080p? i have seen a few 4k tvs with upscaled blurays and they never look as good as a native 1080p panel, there is always softness creeping in. IF a current 4k could do spectacularly with lower res sources, tell me, but we still have the problem of TVs being too big lol. 

What a mess, we are actually considering buying up old 40'' TVs for standbys. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Deckard2043: Don't be put off by the price tag of the UE40T5300, as it will certainly offer you a high quality HD image, along with modern smart TV features. The UE40B7000 was released in 2009, however HD sets have become a lot more affordable since then as they now share the market with UHD, 4K and 8K options. 

We certainly appreciate your feedback on this matter, and models such as the T5300, released in 2021, exist to fulfil the need for modern, high quality HD TVs with a smaller screen size. 

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Deckard2043: I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to find the TV that suits your needs. Much like the smartphone market, the trend does seem to be leaning further towards larger, UHD, 4K or 8K screens, with HD options being less prevalent. I was able to find a 40 inch FHD option that might interest you, however it isn't currently available to purchase on our website. If you click on 'Where to buy' in the top right corner, then this will list any third party retailers that are currently stocking this model. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/full-hd-tv/t5300-40-inch-full-hd-smart-tv-ue40t5300aexxu/#benefits

To explore our full range of TV's under 43 inches, please take a look at the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/all-tvs/?under-43

I hope this helps. 

Deckard2043
Student
Options

Hi Andrew, appreciate the reply. That TV you linked seems a lot lower end to our old UE40b7000, which was £1400 new. its important to us to retain that top quality image. 
What is the best way to feedback our suggestions to samsung's people who make the descisions on this kind of thing please? 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Deckard2043: Don't be put off by the price tag of the UE40T5300, as it will certainly offer you a high quality HD image, along with modern smart TV features. The UE40B7000 was released in 2009, however HD sets have become a lot more affordable since then as they now share the market with UHD, 4K and 8K options. 

We certainly appreciate your feedback on this matter, and models such as the T5300, released in 2021, exist to fulfil the need for modern, high quality HD TVs with a smaller screen size. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Deckard2043 Appreciate your situation and viewpoint though the market is generally geared towards larger screens nowadays.   I think many customers who are paying over £1000 would want a UHD set though they do start at 43 inches, in the past some 40 inch models were available.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes