Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Internet speed in Samsung TV doesn't match the router speed

(Topic created on: 16-07-2023 09:38 PM)
Members_ZyKhgTT
Journeyman
Options

I got this Samsung TV (QN85B Neo QLED 4K HDR Smart - QE75QN85BATXXU). Ran a test to check the speed:

1. 500 Mbps line to the main router. Ethernet cable connected from the main router to the TV - Speed test in the TV shows around 80Mbps.

2. Connected the Same ethernet cable to my laptop - laptop shows around 500Mbps.

Why the TV doesn't show 500Mbps? Is there a setting somewhere that needs changing?

Go to solution
15 REPLIES 15
Mrproblems1
Apprentice
Options
Spot on my Samsung 4k ultra uhd TV can only receive 92mbps max through wired connection cat5 cable, the cat5 capable of moving 1kbps and Samsung owners manual says to use cat7 capable of moving 10kbps but the tvs ethernet chip set is only capable of receiving 100mbps so there no point of using cat7 it's does nothing the ethernet chip set is just *****. Even better I have a Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra 5g I do speed test on my phone through WiFi and can receive 280mbps down 30mbps up lol my phone ethernet chip set is more power than my one in my 4k tv. So no good paying for virgin 1gig package 1100mbps the tv can on use 100mbps lol the ethernet chip set in the tv is only good for 100mbps & 2.4ghz wifi, and if you change your virgin router to only run 5ghz-5g wifi the tv will not find the wifi signal because the 2.4ghz has been tuned off so I use a cat5 cabe for the tv and leave the router on only 5ghz-5g for my phone hence my phone has a wifi signal speed 280mbps. Its all been a bit disappointing I expected better from my tv and for Samsung to say use a cat7 ethernet cable, do they know what there doing really. Cat7 is for 10kbps cat8 it's for 40kbps a couple of thousand mb. So having fiber cable directly to your home and the tv will still only use a max of 100mb. I'm going to see if there is a way to change the ethernet chip set on the tv to receive more Internet speed
0 Likes
IrenBalogh
First Poster
Options

The problem I am running into is the following. The 100 Mbps is insufficient to watch movies through IPTV connection. If a movie has 576x320 resolution, it plays fine. However at HD resolution the playback buffers. Like watch 10 seconds, then load for 15. FHD is even worse. Since my household's language is Hungarian, IPTV is the only way to watch movies in our own language, but I can't watch the majority of the movies available. 

Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Members_LJM7oJF
First Poster
Options

I have S90C and i got 320mbps download and 290mbps upload on speedtest.com, samsung browser and wifi6 connection.

0 Likes
Garoto1973
Student
Options

100 mbps is plenty fot HD and 4K movies. Even Netflix just requires 5 mpbs.  My Samsung TV gets 30 mpbs and I have no issues ever even with 4K content. Everything works fine.

The issue might be your IPTV provider, I had to change a couple of times until I found a reliable one.

0 Likes
cngz44
Student
Options

I have 500 mb internet at home. With the Samsung 65QN800C 8K TV, Wireles gets 480-500 mb speed, while wired remains at 93.3 mb speed. I tried USB 3.0 Gigabit Tp-Link Ethernet Converter but it didn't work. Has anyone tried another converter and had success? By the way, Samsung Officials always give the same answer: The TV gets enough internet speed for itself. What I don't understand is that when I connect wirelessly, this speed is not enough, but it gets all the speed, but when I connect wired, the speed is enough?

0 Likes
Garoto1973
Student
Options

Samsung TVs like most smart TVs has a maximum wired ethernet of 100mbps   which should be more than enough for streaming 4k content which requires at least 20mbps.

If you want more wired speed you should use an android box or streaming device with a fast ethernet port. Also, you could use an Amazon Firestick with a third party OTG cable and gigabit ethernet adapter which can give you a max of 300mbps wired connection. It has to be a third party adapter as Amazons ethernet adapter for Firestick itself is designed for a max speed of 100mbps.