Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Internet speed in Samsung TV doesn't match the router speed

(Topic created on: 16-07-2023 09:38 PM)
Members_ZyKhgTT
Journeyman
Options

I got this Samsung TV (QN85B Neo QLED 4K HDR Smart - QE75QN85BATXXU). Ran a test to check the speed:

1. 500 Mbps line to the main router. Ethernet cable connected from the main router to the TV - Speed test in the TV shows around 80Mbps.

2. Connected the Same ethernet cable to my laptop - laptop shows around 500Mbps.

Why the TV doesn't show 500Mbps? Is there a setting somewhere that needs changing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The network card has a maximum speed of 100Mbps is the reason IMHO.

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Are you getting any buffering on the TV? If not I wouldn't worry about it.
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Tvs and laptops are completely different when it comes to networks. your TV will never receive 500mbps (in my experience and what I've heard.) so unless your TV is buffering, I would not worry.
0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
Your TV needs max 45mb to be honest unless you watching 8k content.
0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The network card has a maximum speed of 100Mbps is the reason IMHO.
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

It's taking what it needs. Your house could probably deliver 9000 volts to it (not literally), but the TV only takes what it needs.

If it's working fine, don't worry about it. There will be so many variables too, such as cable quality (ethernet), number of users on the network, time of day (in some cases) and router quality.

Also, I find that a lot of network tests aren't ready for 500+mbps, as they do a test download on a file, which isn't big enough for the download speed to catchup if that makes sense. By the time the speed hit's its 'max', the test or 'download' is complete.

I'm assuming you're talking about download of course, but the same would apply to uploads too, although those speeds tend to generally be slower and not advertised by ISP's on the marketing.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
Members_ZyKhgTT
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, everyone. As @Pugs1957 mentioned the network card limitation causing this.

0 Likes
NeiterPeru
First Poster
Options

Yes, you might not need it unless you have NFL Sunday ticket and watching 4 games on screen gets slow and there is buffering. but keep in mind that with LG and Sony I'm able to get 285 to 299. Fios offers 1000 speed, so Samsung needs to get a better cards if they want to keep selling smart tv\.

0 Likes
Kendrick
First Poster
Options

Im just mad I got the same problem at 2023 what the ***** samsung for real I paid 3500 for the S95C 65 and the internet just don't reach 500 how the f you should play geforce with the best experience and the tv looks wash up ether way it is to dark or to bright or to much color or not enough color im just mad at this point and plus this stupid uptades every time that changes the picture why just why they're to smart to do that dump shi like this 

0 Likes
Kendrick
First Poster
Options

But yeah you can use wifi and it will reach 400 450 but never ever it will stay at this I call then they told me the tv don't need more so dum samsung 

0 Likes