Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete default apps on Smart tv

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 05:29 AM)
Artur20
First Poster
Options

Can i delete default apps no smart tv. it show need of an update, but not enough memory, i have only few apps instaled my self with small memry space. rest is due

90 REPLIES 90
RKShukla
Pioneer
Options
Hi,

Yes, that little hack did work for me and some other members in this forum.

"This is the best workaround I have read, and i have searched for days - go into developer mode at the end of this link - it worked for me! - https://technastic.com/delete-apps-on-samsung-smart-tv/"

You should try it.
georgedao
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much. Muchas gracias. You saved my TV.

ADB3
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have done this many times but delete still greyed out

Buddha673
First Poster
Options

I just tried this and the delete was still greyed out

GerryJ
Journeyman
Options
I bought a Samsung tv last week, and it came with all the pre installed unwanted garbage. I have installed one personal app (Disney +) and my usable memory is down to 10%...and dropping on a daily basis (it started at 17%). There was a developer mode hack which added a 'Deep Link Test' option to apps drop down box, but this appears to have been disabled by Samsung, probably hidden in an update.

As mentioned by Private Property above, there must be a legal route we can take to force Samsung to allow us the right to remove embedded apps we do not want. We have paid for these devices, and we should have full control over what is and isn't installed on them
Key222
First Poster
Options

Gerry. Bought a Samsung q800t and have very little memory. Tried all the hacks I know of and the deep link test option does not appear on any apps. For the money I spent on this tv, you would think not only would I have the option to choose any app to delete or save but I wouldn’t have a full capacity memory tv as soon as I got it. Can someone please assist on this. I think the new updates closed some loopholes which is ridiculous they would go to such lengths to force us their bloatware !!

AKM
First Poster
Options

Has anyone worked out a way to remove bloatware from this rogue company.

Jada96
First Poster
Options

This is absolutely ridiculous! Why are Samsung controlling what we have on our devices that we paid for ?! They have removed the deep links test so we are unable to use that option. 

theRealOne
First Poster
Options

First and last Samsung product I buy.

fox5flyer
Apprentice
Options

I have a 55" MU6300 that has worked flawlessly since I bought it about 3-4 years ago, but recently began having volume problems, just like what has been described by (seemingly) thousands of others.  None of the "fixes" has worked, such as resetting this or that, resetting the "smart hub" which worked for a couple weeks, then back to the stuck volume.  Tried adding 16G USB, but no joy.  My guess is that with all the bloated ***** that is added to the software that what I'm having is a memory problem which usually manifests itself in various forms, this one the ubiquitous volume control.

My question to the forum is:  Is it possible to put my TV back to it's uninstalled condition as it was when I took it out of the box?  I'd like to clean it up and reinstall it into my system (dish) as a new TV.  The picture is still clear as a bell and everything works fine except for the volume.  Is this possible or is it an exercise in futility?

Thanks for your time.