Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55” Q70R Audio clipping and popping when using HDMI

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 09:40 PM)
Sircoynie
Explorer
Options

Hi, my 2 month old Q70R has this issue that sometimes when playing either my Xbox one, PS4 or Switch the audio pops and crackles, it will go away if I power cycle but comes back randomly the next time I use a device.

Anyone else have this issue, I can't see any posts that are similar?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Sircoynie 

Are you using different HDMI cables when this happens or the same cable? Is the sound from your standard TV channels OK?

0 Likes
ChanceyAJ
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have an identical issue with my PS4, so far I've swapped my HDMI cable to golden plates and also tried different ports on the TV. Sometimes I fire it up, it will work fine but others it keeps making this crackle, pop noise as soon as the PlayStation load screen appears. Did you find a solution to this? 

0 Likes
dankec
Apprentice
Options

A solution which works on my Q70:

When you notice popping sound on HDMI source try to reset TV without changing TV source: Just press and keep remote power key till Samsung Logo appears. It will last for few seconds, not more.

After restart, no more popping sound.

So, Samsung should implement a fast internal reset every time you switch to HDMI source and this problem will be solved. At least in my case.

0 Likes
valonm
Apprentice
Options

I have same problem. Clipping audio which is very annoying. It only happens from HDMI sources like satellite receiver or BT TV receiver. I had returned one Samsung TV for the same reason three months ago. New one still have the same issue. Samsung please get a fix for this.

0 Likes
valonm
Apprentice
Options

I have seen no response from Samsung on this issue which is still active and very annoying 

0 Likes
Niall747
First Poster
Options

I have same problem with 82Q70R TV. Got a replacement but does exactly same thing on any hdmi source with crack and popping sometimes there and sometimes not. Really annoying and do not know how it passed quality checks. Otherwise is a fantastic TV.

Perhaps was signed off by same group that allowed S5E tablet to launch with intermittent WiFi. We had one and had to return that for good.

Anyway it seems like only practical solution for TV for me is to select a non HD TV channel before select hdmi which was recommended on other forums here. Really think Samsung should issue a fix!!!

If the workaround stops working tv will be returned as not fit for purpose.

0 Likes