Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add apps to multi view on QE50QN94

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 05:45 PM)
el capo
Student
Options

Hi

I have a Samsung QE50QN94AATXXU TV in my office and regularly use multiview to split my extended laptop screen and my IPAD display.

However, I am finding the functionality limited in the following ways:

- It appears I can only have 1 HDMI source as a view.  I.e. i can only have PC or SKY but not both

- I seemed to be constrained to the You Tube and Samsung TV apps.  I.e. i can't add BT Sports app or BBC into Multiview

- It would appear on two screens can be shared, yet when i watch videos online they seem to be able to add multiple views and screen sizes etc..

Ultimately, what I am looking to do is to have a little more flexibility in what I can mix and match in the views.  is this possible (as per the above requirements) or am I in fact limited to what the tv is telling me at the moment.

Look forward to any responses and many thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

How to use Multiple Functions on a Single Screen(Multi-Link Screen

https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-use-multiple-functions-on-a-single-s...
0 Likes
Smart Monitor M8
First Poster
Options

@xSteveuk That was not helpful. I agree with @el capo it seems like the Multi view is limited. I have only Youtube and Samsung TV as an option. I would like any app that I have downloaded. 

M8 - help
First Poster
Options

Agree- I would like to add a source to the multi view.  I am able to make my own source the primary view but want to add a source not listed as the Secind view.  For instance I can have my computer as the primary and add the sources built in like you tube or the camera as the second.  How do you add a source. 

0 Likes
el capo
Student
Options

Hi

Never really got a satisfactory answer on this.  Bottom line, on this model it seems to be very limited.  I feel like this must be a software limitation, but regardless, I have only managed to get the following to work:

- I can only get two screens in the share view (after clicking the multi screen function button)

- One of these can be any HDMI feed or Samsung TV / You Tube

- The other one can be a shared screen from an external device, i.e. an IPad or Samsung TV / You Tube

So overall a little disappointed. but it just about does what i need it to do in my office, so i settled for it in the end.

I hope one day a software release will improve this.

David Brady
Student
Options

Has anyone tried using one of the lee-determined apps to stream or cast other services,  like maybe try xbox on one and then use pc but stream netflix or prime in the pc and see if that works as an alternative?  i might give this a go today and post back.

0 Likes
David Brady
Student
Options

 I was able to pretty much cast anything to the multi-view through my phone,  i watched amazon prime on one half of the screen using my phone whilst playing xbox on the other,  you wouldn’t have even known that prime was being cast from a phone. 

IMG_6653.jpeg

0 Likes