Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How can I control the one connect box when it’s in a cabinet?

(Topic created on: 03-09-2023 08:03 PM)
snerkler
Explorer
Options

Hi,

We have a 2018 QE55Q9F TV with one connect, we’re changing our living room around and would like to put the one connect box away in a cabinet however there’s no IR connections on the back of the one connect box to be able to connect an IR extender to allow the box to be controlled whilst in the cabinet. 

Is there any other solution or does the one connect box always need to be visible to be able to control it?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
Have a look on your TV, you should see the IR. You have a different tv model than mine but all one connect box are the same (I don't see why it would change between model) Try to hide the box and control the TV it should work 😉 20230903_220903_1000009875_1693775383.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
I've got a Samsung Frame TV with a connect box which is hiden behind a cabinet as shown in the picture. The IR is on the TV so you can control it even if the box is hidden. Maybe I didn't get the question but you won't have any problem controlling the TV if the box is not visible 20230903_210313_1000009874_1693771464.jpg
0 Likes
snerkler
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply. I was of the impression that the IR was on the one connect box rather than the TV but maybe I’m wrong. It’s just that if the remote hasn’t worked because I’ve not been pointing it in the right direction it always seems to work best if I point it at the one connect box. 

I’ll try putting something in front of the one connect box and then try the remote to see if it works 👍🏻

Solution
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
Have a look on your TV, you should see the IR. You have a different tv model than mine but all one connect box are the same (I don't see why it would change between model) Try to hide the box and control the TV it should work 😉 20230903_220903_1000009875_1693775383.jpg
0 Likes
snerkler
Explorer
Options

Thanks, I've stuck a wooden board in front of the one connect box and the remote still works, I can't believe I never knew that, what a muppet.

What you have labelled as the IR on the TV says Samsung on ours and I just thought it was the logo, I never realised it was the IR as I can't actually see the IR lens/LED itself. 

Thanks for your help. 

AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
You're welcome! You can now enjoy a clean living room view without this box on sight 😊
0 Likes
Jab7784
First Poster
Options

Hi!  I just set up my frame tv, and put the one connect box in a cabinet.  The remote still controls the tv; however its not working with the volume. I have a Sonos sound bar which is plugged into the one connect box.   When I open the cabinet door, the volume controls work.  When the cabinet is closed, they don't.  Any ideas on how to make this work?  The IR doesn't work for the sound bar if its plugged into the one connect box?

0 Likes