Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Standby power NEO QLED 4K 55QN95B

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 09:14 PM)
Rob_NL
Journeyman
Options

I bough  2 weeks ago a brand new NEO QLED 4K 55QN95B and als my TV showed some strange things the first week in use (beside the excellent oled image)

1. The reason why I bought this TV is its low powerconsumption at night (0,1 Wh), but unfortunately I measure it consumes 15,7Wh during standby, measured by my power measurement device. This is a poor and rather disappointing. deviation from Samsung specification and I seriously doubt the verification and validation of the end of line tests in the Samsung Manufacturing Facility to remove the faulty parts before assembling the customer ok part.

2. Sometimes the TV doesn’t startup after overnight standby. This is very poor. Also here I doubt the quality of the software in relation to the power electronics.

These are flagship technology’s used by Samsung which come with a high salesprice. I expect from Sansung an 8D report on this failing product.

In a couple of days the TV is replaced by another new one, if that is from the same production batch I doubt if the 2 above phenomenons are solved. 

I keep you updated.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Piggles72
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get a solution to this?? I am having the same problem...only just bought it (last years model on discount)

0 Likes
Rob_NL
Journeyman
Options

By having both the TV and the Connect box replaced the problem was solved. To me it appeared to be a component failure on the Connect box PCB however Samsung never gave me feedback on the rootcause analysis ( 8D report is missing )

0 Likes
Piggles72
First Poster
Options

Hi Rob...my problem is that is a 55QN90B...so no connect box!!

Samsung are pretty rubbish!!

And unfortunately is a refurbished so no real comeback!! 

0 Likes
Rob_NL
Journeyman
Options

The parts in Connect Box are in your television integrated. I strongly recommend to raise a warranty claim and ask for a new one.

0 Likes
Piggles72
First Poster
Options

Thanks...will see what Currys say next week??

0 Likes
Members_n7WzFYW
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have similar problem with sound bar HW-Q990B and also TV QE75QN85B. Sound bar consume about 7-10W in standby and TV take about 22W in standby mode almost all the time instead declared 0.5W.

It is roughly 262kWh per year when devices are not used.

I contacted support and have been told their support will not even deal with it  until I provide accredited examination on certified measurement device. I will give the last one chance to tech support tomorrow and see what next.

0 Likes