Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDR content too dark

(Topic created on: 30-07-2020 06:43 PM)
nikhm
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung UE75TU7000KXXU TV and when watching HDR content the dark scenes are unwatchable.

I have gone through the expert picture settings to see if anything can get this working but to no avail.

I use both built in apps and an external Apple TV, as this allows the viewing of extras that the app does not.

I have the issue with everything that I watch that has HDR content. 

If I cannot get this resolved then I may need to return the TV and purchase a competitors as this is a big issue to me.

I look forward to you getting back to me as soon as you can.

58 REPLIES 58
Ric09
Apprentice
Options

Please update any response you get. I have the exact same tv size and model and have the exact same problem. Bought less than 2 weeks ago as a bday treat to myself but its been more of a nuisance than a gift. 

nikhm
Apprentice
Options

I will but I wouldn't hold your breath as I am not hopefull of Samsung getting back to me.

JamesW4
Student
Options

I have the same model and the same problem with dark scenes being impossible to see. I tried the service menu trick that others have mentioned, which made it slightly better, but still too hard to tell what is going on. Poor from Samsung. They need to provide an update to fix this.

nikhm
Apprentice
Options

I don't think that Samsung monitor these forums as I have not heard anything back from them. I have checked my Firmware for the TV every few days but I am at the latest version of 1115. 

I use an external Apple TV and have changed the settings on that to be 4K SDR and turned match content off. This has sort of worked but defeats the object of having an HDR TV.

I think I will raise a support call with them as see what they say.

I will try and keep you posted.

0 Likes
nikhm
Apprentice
Options

I have just spent the last hour on a live chat with Samsung and it seems to be resolved now. I have not fully tested yet but there is a firmware update that I installed via a usb drive.

I first went to this page

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE75TU7000KXXU/

And downloaded the 1302.5 update.

I then followed the instructions here. https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/202006/20200616125127573/2020_TV_Firmware_Upgrade_Inst...

All seems good so far. I will let you know if I have any other issues.

JamesW4
Student
Options

Thanks Nikhm. I'll give that a go.

0 Likes
James6666
Student
Options

Does it fix the issue

0 Likes
DVC1985
Student
Options

That's great, nikhm. Thank you!

I can confirm, I've just installed the 1302.5 update on my 50" TU7000 and it has 100% fixed the HDR issues with the Netflix & Amazon apps(I don't have Disney+ so can't comment on that app). The TV is now watchable again!

0 Likes
James6666
Student
Options

Does it show as 1302 or 1302.5 thsnks

0 Likes