Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid pattern visible on homogeneous brighter images

(Topic created on: 28-11-2021 03:46 PM)
JoelBy
Apprentice
Options

I have just bought a 65” Q95T and it has been used for two days. I really like the tv in general, but it’s just this one thing that bugs me out completely. 
In brighter and rather homogeneous pictures I can clearly see an underlying grid pattern. It is hard to capture it on my phone, but I attach some pictures where it’s kind of visible. The pictures are showing the ambient mode.
I suspect this pattern to be related to the FALD grid. 
Is this something intrinsic with the FALD technology and is impossible to hide, or is this a consequence of a faulty diffuser layer or similar?

The first image has reduced brightness to enhance what the eye can see.

D324E31C-3300-4FDE-A63F-709CCE869C4E.jpeg

2AD9C661-6036-4184-8ECC-56984538956D.jpeg

F2022CDC-36B0-421D-8F00-753E2045103D.jpeg

I just didn’t expect this to be a problem on a quite expensive top of the line tv from Samsung. So I ask if it’s a faulty tv rather than a negative consequence of the technology. 

I hope anyone can give me some further information regarding this. 
Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
Kramms
Explorer
Options

Did you get this sorted or is it normal have? the same on the qn94a

0 Likes
JoelBy
Apprentice
Options

I had a Samsung technician come over and see the tv. According to the technician that was according to spec and nothing they would do anything about. I think I complained a bit much and I got a new sample of the same product. It was better but not perfect.

As I understand it could have something to do with the FALD and some funky heat sinks that has been implemented in order to push the LEDs and increase the nits of the tv. Not a perfect trade off in my opinion if that’s the cause behind it.

Kramms
Explorer
Options

Mine definitely is not as bad as that can't see it unless really looking for it. Or putting up a solid blue image 

Screenshot 2021-11-27 173032.JPG

JoelBy
Apprentice
Options

Ouch! Yeah, that sucks. Very lame for such a fancy tv. 

Kramms
Explorer
Options

Yes definitely not worth RRP but I guess it's early adopters tax for the mini LED tech

JoelBy
Apprentice
Options

Maybe. Although mine is not mini LED but one of the last QLED series. I would’ve expected the taxes to have been payed for QLED. Strange phenomenon nevertheless!

0 Likes
Kramms
Explorer
Options

May be the same issue as mine but as the NEO QLED has much more dimming zones its just smaller and less obvious.
Bring on Micro LED displays!

Burger
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my 8k qn800b tv. It's very annoying 

admont
Apprentice
Options

Hello Everyone

Im from Brazil and here I have the same problem with the miniled Tv QN90C. The TV is only 15 days old. I have communicated samsung and I hope the TV or screen be replaced.

Screenshot_20231217_204819_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes