Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game motion plus broken with #QN90A and all Neo QLEDs

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 07:28 AM)
Raitziger
Journeyman
Options

Game motion plus does not interpolate 60Hz signal to 120Hz in game mode using De-judder setting. Nothing happens when playing 30fps game and console outputting 60Hz. Game motion plus works great with 2020 Q90T and all T series TV but not with 2021 Neo QLEDs. Just bring the old algorithm for game motion plus back!

This is broken feature. Just fixt it. Easy job.

#QN90A

#QE85QN90AATXXC

77 REPLIES 77
MinakoUsagi
First Poster
Options

Really disappointed that they haven't fixed this yet. Please stop having me choose between frame smoothing or no input lag 

Members_LDbYylP
First Poster
Options

Hello Raitziger, I'm new to the forum and haven't figured out how to post yet (doesn't give me a text box) so I've replied instead. Can you please tell me the symptom of the game mode being broken. I've just purchased a NEO Q90A and the picture quality in game mode using my PS4 is terrible, my 12 year old Sony TV had a sharper picture. No matter what I do I can't improve on it, so now I have to play in standard mode which is a bit of improvement. Regards Smileymiles.

Raitziger
Journeyman
Options

Game mode is sharp with me. But game motion plus feature which made 30fps games 60fps games does not work. It worked with 2020 models. Samsung screen sharpness overall is lower due to their wide angle filter but I can't see that with my eyes.

MarkoMarky
Pioneer
Options

Hi all. Just joining the discussion that this does not work on QN85A neo range TVs. I guess all Neo range are impacted. Anoying, this is a key advertised feature I bought the TV for . 

Bothe Judder and Blur reduction have no effect on games running at 30fps for me. 

That said, it does seem to have an effect on games running at 60fps, blur reduction does seem to have an effect. I have also noticed if watching bluray that is 24fps in game mode, the game motion plus judder reduction does also seem to work. 

It looks like the fault is tied to the input hz, so so a 60fps game at 60hz seems to work, and 24fps at 24hz input works, but 30fps game at 60hz input does not work. This is an issue since no console actually outputs at 30hz for 30fps game. 

I managed to get a reply on the members app from Samsung, but they just pointed me to the normal TV smoothing option which is not the game mode, nor available when game mode is active. I have tried to explain it more and shown them how to navigate to the option, and also pointed them to this thread. Hopefully someone who understands what the issue is and how the function works will see this and follow up. Fingers crossed. 

RaKalckreuth
Explorer
Options

Fingers very hard crossed bro

MarkoMarky
Pioneer
Options

Just to update on my other post, they asked me to send an email to their support detailing the issue, tv details etc.. and short video of the issue. Not to sure how well the video shows it since its also compressed to fit in email, but hopefully it shows there is no change in judder reduction between 0 to 10. 

Anyway, hopefully it will get through to someone who understands the feature and can have it looked at by software dev team. 

Anyway, if anyone hasn't already, get on the support pages, send emails, etc... the more people that raise this issue, the quicker it will get looked at.

Its an advertised feature of the TV, and one of the reasons I bought it. I am pretty sure they would want to fix it ASAP to avoid any issue with customers or consumer laws :smiling-face: 

MarkoMarky
Pioneer
Options

I am just going to post Samsungs reply to me :

Good morning Mark,

Our technicians have reviewed your video and provided the following details:

“These additional features are all software based enhancements that customers can alter, however, it could be related to the actual content and its resolution/framerate.

Has this been tested this with PS5 Games with higher FPS? – if these settings are working when playing PS5 Games at 60fps/120fps but not at 30fps then this is a limitation on the setting and based on the content.”

Hope this clarifies things

No... it does not clarify anything. Basically, they are telling me this is a feature that does not really do what they advertise or what any of us here believe it should. Even though it works fine on older models pointed out by others here. Sigh. 

I will go back to them, but please, everyone do log the issue, and if possible, anyone with the older model provide them video difference between the new and old model so they can compare and understand the issue as they don't seem to be interested in testing the function themselves.

I mean, why do you want to smooth out 60fps (or 120fps as per their response).... 30fps is the key reason you would want to do any smoothing. If it only works on 60 or 120fps games, its a pretty useless feature. 

RaKalckreuth
Explorer
Options

"Even though it works fine on older models pointed out by others here." That's the point. 

They just don't understand.

Very bad and sad.

Alne24
Pioneer
Options

Got a qn95a. With ps5.

Without Gamemode , judder settings Take big effect . So Games running at 30fps but look Like 60fps.

Gamemode on judder settings have no effect at all. 

RaKalckreuth
Explorer
Options

that is the question we nees to fix.