Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game motion plus broken with #QN90A and all Neo QLEDs

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 07:28 AM)
Raitziger
Journeyman
Options

Game motion plus does not interpolate 60Hz signal to 120Hz in game mode using De-judder setting. Nothing happens when playing 30fps game and console outputting 60Hz. Game motion plus works great with 2020 Q90T and all T series TV but not with 2021 Neo QLEDs. Just bring the old algorithm for game motion plus back!

This is broken feature. Just fixt it. Easy job.

#QN90A

#QE85QN90AATXXC

77 REPLIES 77
Raitziger
Journeyman
Options

Installed 1805.4 firmware. Did nothing for judder reduction in game motion plus. Meaning it does not interpolate 60Hz signal to 120Hz.(e.g help with 30fps games, signal is always 60Hz but games are 30fps)

RaKalckreuth
Explorer
Options

some news about it? I have noticed the same. Game mode work fine on my "old" Samsung 2020, feeling "like" the 30 fps game goes at 60 fps. My new neo Qled is make me cry for the Game Mode issue.

Raitziger
Journeyman
Options

They said they are investigating it like couple weeks ago. After week I will demand they fix it or give me working TV.

RaKalckreuth
Explorer
Options

I don't know how to contact they; please tell me how to.

Raitziger
Journeyman
Options

Your local samsung page ->support-> play the support robot so that only way is to contact a real person, leave your email etc contact info.

Dr_T-Bagger
First Poster
Options

Do you remember where they said this? GMP is the whole reason I decided to go with samsung, and can't find any acknowledgement of this issue from Samsung. Much appreciated. 

Bajs1988
Journeyman
Options

Still no update on this? Dejudder does absolutely nothing on my QN90A. Went all out with the 98 inch model and am extremely disappointed.

RaKalckreuth
Explorer
Options

Still nothing. Very sad.

Mkhoury80
Apprentice
Options

I've found forum posts complaining about this since March, that's 8 months for someone to fix this... I just bought this TV yesterday and am about ready to return it; just got off the phone with Samsung phone support and had to explain very specifically what is actually not working correctly, and after many odd canned responses, like "judder reduction is a setting you need to enable in your console" or "this feature is not designed to work in game mode", after explaining that I was talking about the GAME MOTION PLUS judder reduction, they just said that if it isn't working then their developers are working on it and it should be fixed at some point in the future...

Well, frankly, I'm not about to wait however many more months or years it takes for them to get their TV software right, I'm just going to go back to hooking up my 2018 Q8F which to this day is the best gaming TV I have ever bought; every year I give Samsung another chance to at least release a TV that is *on par* with their 2018 TVs (working game mode interpolation, working VRR, no ghosting, and low input lag whether or not game mode is enabled (only about 50ms outside of game mode on the 2018 model, making it still the fastest responding full-interpolation TV in existence)), and every year they fall short.