Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game mode off/on black screen PS5

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 05:26 AM)
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Purchased a Samsung Q90T 75” specifically for gaming. At random intervals the tv randomly flickers black and turns game mode off then on. I’ve tried a whole host of setting changes to see if I can work around the issue but no luck so far. HDMI 2.1 cable is brand new so this is not to blame. This appears to be a software fault dating back to 2019 so why is it not fixed? Any help appreciated. Technician is booked to try ‘repair’ this fault, but failing that il be returning for a refund and jump ship to the LG CX

94 REPLIES 94
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

I find it staggering, that just from having looked into this for only a few days, how widespread the issue seems to be. 

people reporting it goes back years and years. 

There’s absolutely clearly an issue somewhere. 

these TVs aren’t cheap! I can honestly say, personally, buying this tv at £1000 is the most money I’ve ever spent on anything. 

to be so excited to get a Ps5 and now have that ruined by this, I’m beyond words. 

from what I’m reading, the way they have stonewalled people and fobbed them off is disgusting. 

but more importantly, how do they get away with this?

just a really horrible situation 

what I don’t understand though is.....

it’s been highly mentioned that the issue is the tv switching game mode on and off... which causes the black screen. 

yet with my game mode completely off, I still get it. So is there two different issues?

0 Likes
Ajmarti82
Apprentice
Options

No it's either something with game mode that isn't shutting off or there is an issue in general with the tv's. Never had issues with this on PS4 pro or any other system though. I've seen the comments of this happening before the PS5 but this to me is only PS5/samsung related. 

0 Likes
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

Not sure if this will work, I’ve tried to attach a video.... at the start I parachute down... then the screen goes black for a few seconds, when it returns my chutes open and I’m nearly on the ground. 

this exact black screen can happen really regularly, like a few times a minute and can go on for the whole gaming session. 

0 Likes
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

I’m in exactly the same position, I have played on my PS4 pro daily for around 2 years, and more specifically on warzone for the last few days everyday, and I can’t remember this happening. Yet now with the ps5 it’s so regular. 

im even thinking of trying to return my ps5 for a replacement. 

I didn’t  get the black screen with the PS4 pro, I don’t get it with sky Q, but do with the ps5.

so could it be the ps5?

0 Likes
McShaneDCFc
First Poster
Options

Just adding my 2p to this. I have an MU7000 purchased in 2018. 

This issue happened all the time for me with the PS4 pro. I was hoping with the ps5 it would go away but it hasn’t.

The issue doesn’t occur on non Samsung tv’s. So in my mind this is Samsung’s fault. 

0 Likes
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

Good man for adding to the discussion!

I tried everything.... my last try was to buy a premium certified hdmi cable, I didn’t quite get round to it, and contacted John Lewis, as I have a year left of their 5 year guarantee. 

they wrote back and suggested that I first completely reset the tv through the settings. 

me I made a quick video of all my settings, then went ahead and reset it all. 

that was almost 3 days ago now and I haven’t had one sound dropout or more importantly no black screen dropouts. 

and before I reset it, it was horrific, it was happening a few times a minute. 

so fingers crossed it’s not returning. 

0 Likes
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

Quick update....

after 3 days of no sound drop outs and no black screens.... it’s now back big time. 

literally horrible. Impossible to play any sort of game with this happening all the time. 

my last try is a premium certified hdmi cable!

0 Likes
Msalib
Apprentice
Options

Had the same issue with my tv.

Solution:

1. hold down the PlayStation 

2. go to settings

3. go to screen and video

4. go to 4K Video Transfer Rate

5. change the setting to -2 

this fixed up my screen switching off randomly

Ajmarti82
Apprentice
Options

Question I tried this but mine also is providing loud feedback now as well? Can’t get asksony to respond and Samsung has tried as well? 

0 Likes
Ajmarti82
Apprentice
Options

Worst part is the only non Samsung this thing had worked on crapped out as well lol 

0 Likes