Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freestyle gen 1 SSD file display

(Topic created on: 13-10-2023 08:11 PM)
catflap
Navigator
Options

Hello again everybody. A few weeks ago I posted that I was looking for a way to connect external hard drives to my freestyle projection tv. If anybody's interested you can search for "Freestyle connectivity".

But this post is different. I was able to get an adapter that delivers 85 Watts power and I can connect two USB hard drives. The problem is that not all of my video files on my Samsung PSSD T7 Shield 4 TB  SSD are recognized as playable. But on other regular external hard drives and flash drives all video files are recognized as playable and can be played.

What seems to be the problem with the SSD? Can somebody help me out? My adapter delivers power up to 85 Watts, which was recommended to me. Should I upgrade to 100 Watts power delivery? Would that fix the problem?

EDIT:

When I say "not all" of my video files are recognized as playable, I should actually have said most of the video files on the SSD are not recognized as playable

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
catflap
Navigator
Options

Thanks for replying. Sorry I didn't see your message until now.

No, all of the file formats are okay.

But yesterday I finally got in touch with Samsung support by telephone and they said that the SSD has to be NTFS formatted which it wasn't. It was exFAT formatted. And he was right.

I didn't realize the SSD was formatted incorrectly when I first connected to my computer. My regular hdds are always pre-formatted to NTFS so I didn't give it a second thought when I started using ssds.

So everything is good now. I reformatted it to NTFS and all of the files show up and are playable. Of course I had to transfer all of the files to another Drive and my computer first or else everything would have been erased.

So if anyone here is having a similar problem with ssds, just make sure they are formatted first to NTFS.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Are any a different format? Can you try connecting using a USB C hub?

MB
0 Likes
Solution
catflap
Navigator
Options

Thanks for replying. Sorry I didn't see your message until now.

No, all of the file formats are okay.

But yesterday I finally got in touch with Samsung support by telephone and they said that the SSD has to be NTFS formatted which it wasn't. It was exFAT formatted. And he was right.

I didn't realize the SSD was formatted incorrectly when I first connected to my computer. My regular hdds are always pre-formatted to NTFS so I didn't give it a second thought when I started using ssds.

So everything is good now. I reformatted it to NTFS and all of the files show up and are playable. Of course I had to transfer all of the files to another Drive and my computer first or else everything would have been erased.

So if anyone here is having a similar problem with ssds, just make sure they are formatted first to NTFS.

0 Likes