Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV 2020 and Sonos Playbar

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 03:21 PM)
MariaSal
First Poster
Options

We bought a week ago the Frame TV 2020 65 inches and we realised that if we want to have the motion detector on for the art mode, the SONOS Playbar in front is blocking our movements in the room, and the art mode is not activated after it switches off in the time we have set. 
We have the old SONOS playbar that is about 8.5 cm tall. 
Have you tried any specific products to set the tv higher? Can you recommend a solution?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@MariaSal: In terms of your set up, you have the choice of attaching the Frame TV to the accompanying stand, or mounting it on the wall. It sounds as though you have it attached to the stand, based on your description, although sadly it isn't possible to adjust the height of this. Have you considered the wall mount option at all? If you're interested, further details can be found on page 13 of the user manual via the link below. Alternatively, try increasing the sensitivity of the Motion Detector to see if this helps.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/202004/20200407082956203/BN68-10388M-00_UM_QTLS03M_XU_...
0 Likes
MariaSal
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your response. I just realised that I did not describe the current set up. Both the Frame TV and the Sonos playbar are standing on the TV furniture.  The Sonos is in front and the TV on the back. As the playbar is 8.5 cm high, it is not blocking (in a way that is unpleasant) our view of the screen, but it is definately blocking the movement sensor. 
We have already increased the sensitivity of the sensor to high and indeed if we move on the side it turns the art mode on.

Unfortunately there is no option to mount the tv on the wall, as we don´t have a wall. Our apartment is under the roof and the roof is high enough for the tv, but no option for mounting of course.

We placed the question with the hope that someone can suggest appropriate and matching tv stands. We need something that would be more than 8.5cm high, around 110cm long and 30 cm wide in order for the feet of Frame to fit. And to be strong enough for the weight of the tv. Alternatively we thought two tv stands of 55cm long, combined next to each other. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@MariaSal: It does state in the user manual to position the TV towards the front of the unit it's sitting on, to avoid any issues with the Motion Detector, however I understand that this spot is currently obstructed by the position of the soundbar, which in turn is blocking the Motion Detector. Sadly I'm unable to suggest an alternative compatible stand to raise this higher for you, as I can only recommend genuine Samsung parts and accessories. Apologies for this.
0 Likes