Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV 2019 not uploading all photos

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 07:17 PM)
IanLeonard
First Poster
Options

My Frame TV model number QE55LS03RAUXXU will only upload some photos from my phone but not others! There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, they are all 1600 x 900, all under 2mb in size etc etc. 

I get the error:

Failed to save 1 images to the Frame, please try again (04210)

Any ideas?

24 REPLIES 24
DavidicusRex
First Poster
Options

Samsung: You should be ashamed.  We have two large Frames and six other Samsung TVs in home.  The Frame is very nice re: form, flush mount, etc.  for master bed and game room.  But the photo collection features & functions are terrible, horribly bad.  Here are specifics:

1) App (the new app, Smart Things) is poorly integrated with TV.  It doesn't synch well (picture collection is different on TV and on app for given TV), the status varies (ARt MOde vs Off), and it doesn't seem to connect well (more next point).

2) Uploading pictures to My Collection is a train wreck.  It fails about 9 of 19 times.  Last night an hour to get five to load.  Sometimes, multiple pics will load, sometimes multiple fails, sometimes a single pic at a time works, but most oftern that fails too.  Size of photo does not matter. Number of uploads does not matter.  Where you choose to add (initial Add My Photos or browsing) does not matter.  It just fails, over and over and over.  And then one will work, or two, or four, and then fails repeatedly. It's *****.

3) Appears to be poor connection between app and TV - i.e., uploading to My Collection from app fails if TV is on hardline or WiFi.    The advice to use USB is ridiculous - a) this is 2020 and minimal capability (or should be), b) the flush mount

4) Management of collections is awful.   The navigation is terrible and functionality horribly limited - e.g.: a) deleting or replacing or managing my collection, b) cannot delete (forced to keep) the pics you install / force on us (your Samsung Art collection), c) cannot see space limit / capacity or amount consumed, d) you ad spam me every darn time I go into app browse trying to sell me your subscription, etc..

Could be so good; but is so frustrating to use.  Win on form, fail on function.  Improvement needed.

0 Likes
Kay1072
First Poster
Options

I finally figured it out after one of the most frustrating evenings of my life.

the smart things app is junk.

The only way I got it to work is by using my phone as a hot spot and connecting the tv to it. 
since it seemed to be a “network” issue.

it works again.

0 Likes
Trekker2
First Poster
Options

Thanks Eric 007.  Major key here is that Samsung won't accept Mac OS format.  Must be ExFat. If you try to use Mac OS format, tv reports a 'no images found on device' error.  Maddening until I figured it out based on info from this post. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Bablow
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I just a 2020 frame and I was about to tell my friends to get theirs but I don't think I will anymore.  I want to believe the bug is an intentional act by Samsung to discourage the use of personal arts/photos so as to promote the  Art Gallary subscription.  With a few lines of codes in upgrade firmware, this can be fixed. 

0 Likes
pwr
First Poster
Options

Wow everyone was so dismissive of using a USB stick I stuck it out and tried the app via various wifi settings without success. 

Uploading photo's via a USB stick to the brick was easy, quick and effective.  

Save yourself the frustration and just upload via a USB stick. 

0 Likes